whens the last time you took your case off?

Reaction score
i bought a seidio case within the first 2 weeks of having my phone and havent taken it off since. i took it off today to clean dust build up and forgot how awesome this phone feels in your hand when its naked. the case i have is small but holding it now without it makes me realize the droid is much more slim and pleasant without it. i dont wanna put the case back on!! but ive already successfully dropped my doid twice with no damage what so ever..

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I never put the case on...I bought a full body InvisiShield and carried it in my pocket that way - then I slowly peeled away the shield and ended up carrying it as it was meant to be...without any protection. I've dropped it a few times and nothing has happened to it.

I say, keep it without the case for a week and see what your daily life does to it...that's how I did it.

dmo580

Reaction score
i bought a seidio case within the first 2 weeks of having my phone and havent taken it off since. i took it off today to clean dust build up and forgot how awesome this phone feels in your hand when its naked. the case i have is small but holding it now without it makes me realize the droid is much more slim and pleasant without it. i dont wanna put the case back on!! but ive already successfully dropped my doid twice with no damage what so ever..

My Sedio case is coming tomorrow.

I feel ya. I had an iPod Touch 1G, my gf has a 2G, and I had a 3GS that I gave to my parents. All of them have incase slider cases on them. It's slick and sexy, but it makes the device WAY fatter. When I take it off to admire the shiny silver of my old iPod touch I smile thinking what a good job my case did. However, when I hold it in my hand... dang it is small.

I'm sure I'll feel the same about my Droid. I took good care of the 3GS but my iPod Touch was a dropped stone all the time. The bottom of my slider case kinda snapped and a good chunk has chipped off. Hopefully I don't drop my Droid like that, but at least I'll have a good case protecting it!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
11/12.....1 Day after I got it.

And it never went back on.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been a while. Running BB ROMs so I have yet to have to do a battery pull. Personally I prefer the feel of the phone in the case (Seidio, though BG will likely be my next one). Naked is fine for some but I use mine in some pretty tough environments and want the extra protection.

lockman

Reaction score
I can only pull mine on weekends when i"m not working. With what I do, the case is pretty much mandatory. Which sucks, cuz I really prefer it nekkid.

cisco0910

Reaction score
the seidio front part hasn't been off simply because i can't!! anybody got a good technique taking that sucker off?!?

OP
C
Reaction score
yea. palms out, place finger nails under top and bottom lip. pull apart gently and the phone will just fall out.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
the seidio front part hasn't been off simply because i can't!! anybody got a good technique taking that sucker off?!?

Slide the phone open and then pull slightly on the areas near the outer tabs. After you get the outer tabs off close the phone and you should be able to slide the top of to the left of the device.

Note: you're lucky, most people have the opposite problem (i.e. it's doesn't stay on:icon_ banana:).

cool username

Reaction score
i had a case on mine, and i had an Airhead (candy) unwrapped on a table. i accidently put my phone on top of it and it got all sticky. i was too lazy to clean it so i took the case off and totally missed the feeling of it being naked. not sure if i'll put the case back on lol

pbdroid

Reaction score
When I bought the Droid I had to have a shxtload of accessories. I have a nice black case that's kind of got a hard rubbery/leather feel to it. On the back it has a clip doodad that inserts into a belt clip (which doubles as a nice landscape or portrait phone prop, without the belt clip the phone fits nice and snug into the dash thingy for Nav (or rush hour slot play).

To answer the question ... Once, to do a battery pull while overtaxing the video cam. I guess I'd have to if I ever found a need to put it in the media dock, cause it doesn't fit with the cover on.

This Droid's a beast!!

Droidfish

Reaction score
Haha I finally convinced myself to put my seidio on for the first time, I've never liked covers on devices, I always felt it defeated the purpose, ya know, protect something by never seeing it. Anyway I put my seidio on about a week ago and have just been beggind myself to keep it on. Thanks to this thread I'm missing that sleekness it had out of the box. Screw I'm going back, naked is ALWAYS better

2amReply

Reaction score
I've been taking my case off every 2 weeks for the last 3 months. I found that a high amount of dust was building up. I stopped last week as the clip on my case broke. I'll probably remove it every 4 weeks. My apps better not make me remove the battery!