When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Any word on whether the issue was when the phone was just connected to the 4G network, or when it was using it to stream or do other tasks when it was drinking juice?

Black_man_x says it's just LTE:

@ThatsJT in cdma only mode its fine.. modern smartphone level but a lil worse due to 3g mods.. but LTE is a hog!

That is fine....just keep it within the realm of the release date and issues concerning that.

Sent from somewhere...

Alright, thanks!

Last edited:

leehblanc

Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain this a little more technically than I can... but here goes. During the week I work in a brick and steel building. I'm lucky to make it through a day with my Dinc. On the weekends when I'm always in a good signal area, I can make it over a day with moderate usage. My best was 1 day, 19hrs. This is on a rooted, debloated Incredible. Low signal is as bad or WORSE than the screen or anything else you can do with your phone. You could attach a car battery to the Thunderbolt, and if you're nowhere near LTE with 4G turned on, it's going to drain fast. That's just how it works.

This is not to say that there ISN'T a battery problem, but I'm sure that low signal strength exacerbates it, and it's probably only a problem with 4G on.

georgek

Reaction score
Any word on whether the issue was when the phone was just connected to the 4G network, or when it was using it to stream or do other tasks when it was drinking juice?

Black_man_x says it's just LTE:

@ThatsJT in cdma only mode its fine.. modern smartphone level but a lil worse due to 3g mods.. but LTE is a hog!

That is fine....just keep it within the realm of the release date and issues concerning that.

Sent from somewhere...

Alright, thanks!

I'm going to be in a 4G area most of the time. This could be a deal breaker if it is true.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

leehblanc

Reaction score
I'm going to be in a 4G area most of the time. This could be a deal breaker if it is true.

That's the part that's unclear... is it going to be bad if you have a 4G signal? You COULD always switch 4G off when you don't NEED it. It's not going to impact talk or texting, and I doubt you will see a HUGE difference browsing forums or using most apps. I think the real impact of the speed difference will be seen streaming video.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain this a little more technically than I can... but here goes. During the week I work in a brick and steel building. I'm lucky to make it through a day with my Dinc. On the weekends when I'm always in a good signal area, I can make it over a day with moderate usage. My best was 1 day, 19hrs. This is on a rooted, debloated Incredible. Low signal is as bad or WORSE than the screen or anything else you can do with your phone. You could attach a car battery to the Thunderbolt, and if you're nowhere near LTE with 4G turned on, it's going to drain fast. That's just how it works.

This is not to say that there ISN'T a battery problem, but I'm sure that low signal strength exacerbates it, and it's probably only a problem with 4G on.

When the network has to fight for a signal it drains battery faster. Always has always will. If you don't want it to drain fast you can put it in airplane mode but with the Thunderbolt you can just turn off 4G if you're not in a 4G area and according to bmx you should be fine. That being said, I'm still going to buy the 1600 mAh battery because I will probably get addicted to it and give it a little more usage than I should. :p

georgek

Reaction score

If you're in a weak 4G area the phone could be switching from 3G to 4G and draining the battery.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm still going to buy the 1600 mAh battery because I will probably get addicted to it and give it a little more usage than I should. :p

Since this is your first smart phone you probably will. I wouldn't look into the battery numbers too much. My 1300 can last anywhere from 3-24+ hours.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^
theres already a 1600 version for $50... imagine what a 2000+ mAh battery will cost though already paying $250+taxes for the phone... and here in CA i believe we have to pay taxes for the full price of the phone which sucks even mre

I'm fine with that.

To Mods: I am hoping while there's no news on release date for the Thunderbolt we are allowed to discuss other topics related perhaps to delay like the battery. If not just let me know.
It pertains to the Thunderbolt. It will be a shame if the battery drains as quickly as my D1 did and my D2 does now.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Heh wait im the only one who hasn't jumped in here yet.........RAWWWWWWWWR. Hey mods quit coming in here and...oh wait!!!!!!! Hey guys listen to the mods!!!!!!!!

Wait is this droidforums? Brb.......

Sent from my Droid

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Heh wait im the only one who hasn't jumped in here yet.........RAWWWWWWWWR. Hey mods quit coming in here and...oh wait!!!!!!! Hey guys listen to the mods!!!!!!!!

Wait is this droidforums? Brb.......

Sent from my Droid

Welcome to the new When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase-Forum!

You've missed out on a lot.

EDIT: I have a key recorder open and it says I refreshed this page 7 times in the last 1 minute. Is this sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.