When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
He told everyone if they went off topic they would receive an infraction. Yet he goes and starts a whole new conversation, not having anything to do with the ThunderBolt release date.

Makes sense...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Do you like this thread? You seem to. So just stop.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I'm guessing that everyone who wants the Thunderbolt does not just happen to be at the end of their contract or eligible for new every 2, and yes, I know that's going away.

I'm also guessing that most of you have at least a D1. What I wonder is what happens when the TB comes out and you find out that two months later HTC has something else coming out? Do you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest or are all of you rich?

Sorry, that's a bit off topic I know but I am curious. Who's paying full price?

Not I! :)

I bought the D1 on 11/6/09 -on a 1-year. Been eligible for an upgrade since last September. I'm on a corporate plan through my employer, and the price difference between 1 & 2 year contracts are small. For a techno-junkie like myself; that's not a bad deal!

n0yxl

Reaction score
Why? roflol….look at how many others are obsessing over it.

It's a mystery to me why this phone is getting so much attention, really but don't feel stupid, not at all.

Why does all the attention about this phone mystify Mr.Hook?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

What confuses me Mr me is so many new users to DF in these TB threads who don't own a set yet. Nothing wrong with not owning one yet; it just seems backwards.

LOL, Whaat?!! Engrish Prease! :D

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
What's there to focus on if there is no release date?
I don't understand why hook bill is allowed to derail the thread off topic....

Seriously, its hard to keep up because I have to read through 20 worthless or off-topic comments to find someone actually talking intelligently about this topic instead of giving links or making references to things that have nothing to do with the release date of this phone. Come on guys, let's focus here!

sent from stock dx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I don't know did you read the latest article ide bet intell and apple are closely watching htc Thunderbolt and Verizon
How much would a Thunderbolt tradmark dispute potentially cost Verizon? Would they have to call it the thud-er-bolt?

sent from stock dx

FOR THE... 5th? Time...
Verizon/HTC would be filing a lawsuit against Apple. Verizon/HTC already filed for the Trademark a long time ago... (December).

It will cost HTC/Verizon a lawyer(s) and fees(pocket change for them) for a Trademark dispute. And that's only if Apple refuses to settle.

For the second time... the Apple "thunderbolt" port has NOTHING to do with the HTC Thunderbolt. There will be no court case as there is no dispute.

Since the two things are not related at all, the trademark means nothing. I don't even know if you can trademark the word "Thunderbolt", just the logo... (which is kinda stolen from Gatorade)

Now, if Apple released an iPhone Thunderbolt, the trademark would matter since they would both be phones....

sent from stock dx

UNC

Reaction score
& on Verizon.

I can name one; iPhone 4....

You must be joking one year old iPhone don't come close

You must be blinded by fanaticism. Tell me how the iPhone 4 doesn't come close? Please... I'd love to hear a reasonable explanation.

I know its all going to be "you can customize" Android, which is true, but in no way sets it apart from iOS. With a jailbreak you can do ANYTHING a rooted Android device can. I'm not going to go over the FACT that iOS is more optimized than Android again, since that fact falls on deaf ears.

Panda's reporting that TB's LTE eats through the batteries in no time flat?!!?!? Sounds like every other HTC phone...

I'm done with this thread. Noone here is reasonable, your biases are RIDICULOUS unless you own shares of HTC or Google. Enjoy your 2 hours of speed and 3 spare batteries. My Droid can make it a day without charging, and my iPhone 4 can make it 2 days without touching the charger... I'm sure my iPhone 5 will make it atleast a day with its dual-cores AND LTE. (iP5 specs will be revealed Wednesday with the iPad 2 announcement)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
He told everyone if they went off topic they would receive an infraction. Yet he goes and starts a whole new conversation, not having anything to do with the ThunderBolt release date.

Makes sense...

You may want to follow everyone else's advice and drop it. Send him a PM if you want to whine about it. Right now you're derailing the thread whining about him.

viper1549

Reaction score
I'm guessing that everyone who wants the Thunderbolt does not just happen to be at the end of their contract or eligible for new every 2, and yes, I know that's going away.

I'm also guessing that most of you have at least a D1. What I wonder is what happens when the TB comes out and you find out that two months later HTC has something else coming out? Do you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest or are all of you rich?

Sorry, that's a bit off topic I know but I am curious. Who's paying full price?

Not me lol,i have a special situation.. I have a D1 and eligible for upgrade but going to use gmas upgrade on a diff account all together and use mine later this year or next

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

To your own grandmother .... ;)

lol she has a flip phone right now and that is too much for her.. anyone know the best flip phone for vzn that is the best for old people?

Sorry for the off topic but that was part of my deal with her, i use it to upgrade to TB and use her NE2 and i just have to pay full price for a dumb phone that would be easy for her to use..

only reason why is she will never want or be capable of using a smart phone for the rest of her life.. sad to say but true.. she couldnt even grasp the idea of double clicking icons to open them on a PC.. lol

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
OK everyone, don't turn this into an iPhone, Thunderbolt debate. That constitutes off track. It's Friday night. Everyone should really settle back, enjoy your families and friends and take a break for a bit. Nothing said here is going to get the phone here any faster.

And no, this doesn't mean I'm locking the thread. I'm just encouraging everyone to take a break. The thread will be here when you come back.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score

Makes sense...

You may want to follow everyone else's advice and drop it. Send him a PM if you want to whine about it. Right now you're derailing the thread whining about him.

Not whining, but rather pointing out blatant hipocricy. I'm the only one to speak up about it. Talk about "abuse of powers."

Status
Not open for further replies.