When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by want a droid, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java

Java Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then I don't see why a release date wouldn't be given.

2. stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Thunderbolt smokes the Evo. Evo is pretty nice though as well. Htc seems like they want to put out a good product that really competes with apple. The shape is even similar to iphone 3 but idk. Just an observation. Release date?

sent from stock dx

3. sansavi

sansavi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    VerizonWireless: We got the iPhone! Come buy it!
    Average Consumer: Oh snaps yo, thats the best phone on VZW now!
    VerizonWireless: Well...there's the Thunderbolt on (insert date).
    Average Consumer: What's that?
    VerizonWireless: Well its a bigger screen, faster network, android OS, and its customizable!
    Average Consumer: Oh, well I'll just wait for that then!
    VerizonWireless: Oh...Yeah..Good idea.

Now how well do you think that would go over? The phones have been shipped. It's Big Red's call now.

4. Effington

Effington Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally, a little common sense - I was worried this place was a humorless black hole of authoritarian chaos!

Thanks cereal, we really do just want to discuss the phone - and we want to do it in a civil way. As far as I can tell, we're all mainly guilty of beating a dead horse!

But, I definitely don't want to feel the wrath of hookbill's bald eagle, so I won't say another word about the wonderful job our hardworking moderators are doing at keeping this place the most awesomest on the interwebs.

Thanks guys :woot:

And now... we dance:
    :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid
    :icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ lala::icon_ rocker::icon_ rocker::icon_ rocker:
    :yeahbaby01::yeahbaby01::yeahbaby01:

5. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to say it, but it amost certainly wont be released tomorrow. Verizon has never released anything with out giving an official date beforehand, and there isnt any reason to start now. They would want to hype up their first 4g phone as much as possible, but they cant really start until the Iphone people get past that 14 day window, they didnt change it from 30 days for no reason. I think, now, the best we can hope for is for them to announce tomorrow that it will come out on the 28th.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. Effington

Effington Member

Ratings:
    +0

That's how it SHOULD be - now here's how that conversation would really go:

VerizonWireless: We got the iPhone! Come buy it!
    Average Consumer: Oh snaps yo, thats the best phone on VZW now!
    VerizonWireless: Well...there's the Thunderbolt on (insert date).
    Average Consumer: What's that?
    VerizonWireless: Well its a bigger screen, faster network, android OS, and its customizable!
    Average Consumer: Is it an iPhone?
    VerizonWireless: Uh, no, it's an Android and it's made by HTC
    Average Consumer: You shot who in the what now?
    VerizonWireless: It runs Android - a lot of people think it's better.
    Average Consumer: Yeah, all of my friends have iPhones though - I think the nerdy guy who lives in his mom's basement and fixes our computer has on of those droidy things
    VerizonWireless: So... come get the iPhone!
    Average Consumer: OK!

7. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say sansavi. Took the words right outta my mouth. The iphone is the reason it's being pushed back. No doubt. After this weekend, it's gonna be all Thunderbolt, until the next hot phone comes out...lol

8. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was in BB today Inquiring about the Xoom and tomorrow's release and he stated about tomorrow being a busy day because 3 huge phones were being released. One of which he mentioned was the TB. I didn't ask about the othets. So take it for what its worth.

9. Java

Java Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're acting like VZW would go out of their way to tell the average customer that a new, better phone is coming out.
    In reality, VZW wants you to buy whatever makes them the most money. The people buying the iPhone are people switching over from other networks and really only want the iPhone on a reliable network. Even if VZW gave us a release date, they would not be losing iPhone sales, and even if they did those people would still be switching networks, just to a different phone. That's all they care about in the first place. Contracts make them money, not the phones.

10. bassmankc

bassmankc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok I don't see skype being that big of a deal, its a software update, the xoom is out in the morning, and you have to send it back in to moto to get upgraded to 4g, yep, I just don't get it!

11. Effington

Effington Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :rockon:

Agreed - in fact, the main reason Verizon wasn't seeing lines out their door when they first started carrying the iPhone is because most people know the iPhone 5 is coming out this year and they're holding off specifically for that.

When that comes out, Verizon is going to see a huge influx of new subscribers because -face it - all things considered, Verizon's a better network. Since people simple want the iPhone, that's what they'll get.

What was it, 55% of Blackberry and Android users will switch to iPhone this year? Believe it - Vz was just treading water with Android until they could get their hands on the iPhone.

12. TBLuvr

TBLuvr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know most of these phones come out on Thursday. but perhaps since this one was pushed up and then pushed back, and maybe pushed back again, it won't definitely be a thursday launch date because it wouldn't be the initial launch date that was planned and was pushed up/back to the new date which may not actually be a thursday. get what I'm saying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
doug siddens the foundry
macrumors.com
what year did htc thunderbolt come out
when did apple thunderbolt come out?
when did htc thunderbolt come out
when did the tgudervolt phone come out

when did the thunderbolt come out

when did thunderbolt come out
when does the thunderbolt come out date