When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansavi

Reaction score
Does this whole TB deal remind you of anything?.... Oh Yeah...
duke-nukem-forever-%20Logo610.jpg

April release. all over that

Madcatzfight

Reaction score
Verizon only has 37 more days to hold up to their promise of 1Q 2011. So they better get crackin if they want to work out all the kinks for later 4g handsets.

Reaction score
I absolutely love this forum and hope it doesn't close, with that said I would like to say that the mods are doing their job, it is in the policy and I suppor them (even with being told I could serve a vacation early within the main tb thread) they do their job:) (sorry for going on about the mod process)
Anyways, I'm going to take a trip to my vzw store tonight and just see what's going 'round:)
My guess is that we have a 45% chance of a February release solely because of the lack of VZW statements that actually pertain to a release date, however due to the massive ad campaign for this handset I still say its pretty possible.
March 3rd would be nice though too:) it would be my birthday and it'd be nice to hear the TB's boot up thunder sound instead of another happy bday song lol:)
Btw here's something else I've been thinking,
Remember how they had the sign up page for more TB info on vzws website?
well my guess is that they base how much stock they should have based on the number of people who signed up for more info, after the ads launched on the tb on the internet and all you had to do was click the ad and it'd take you to vzw or htcs page for the tb, it may be possible that there were significantly more people than they expected who signed up after their ad campaign had been out for 5 days than they had thought
I think this theory explains why the date may have been pushed back and why Verizon is tweeting that it will be here soon, because maybe they were understocked:)
Just a theory though, anyone concur?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jdlfg

Reaction score
I was in Best Buy today and spoke to their manager and he was kind enough to allow me to see the Motorola Xoom that is definitely scheduled to launch tomorrow. However, there was no HTC Thunderbolt to be seen anywhere. I seen all the Xooms and not a TB in sight so tomorrow definitelyis out unless for a strange reason they get it in first thing in the morning. He stated I would receive a call to schedule an appointment to pick mine up since I preordered. In the meantime I picked up an HTC Inspire to mess with and test At&t's network.

Last edited:

dll1477

Reaction score
I've been working with a sales rep for a couple of months now on an upgrade. my conversation with him today was encouraging. I believe the time is now past when we could say "the reps know nothing". They know stuff now. I think I'll wait until Monday to see if anyone has actually activated and used one. I asked him "has apple got your tongue?" and he just busted out laughing and said "I can't say exactly when but its coming really really really really soon". Then he offered to call me back on Saturday :D

my assement from this rep's comments? its either releasing the 24th or this weekend, and I really don't care either way, but I'd be astonished if we didn't see em in the wild this weekend.

Last edited:

jjcam926

Reaction score
FWIW..just called VZW customer support asking if my NE2 discount would expire (been holding it since August). The rep asked if I was waiting on a particular phone. Of course I replied...the Thunderbolt. She stated that it will be released "by the end of THIS month." She checked multiple times to see if there was a specific date that she could give. It's almost as if she knew the date, but had not yet been authorized to give it out.

Hopefully she is right and 2/28 is the latest we will see it!

Its TwiX

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I dont mean the forum of course, but rather the sheer tight lipped behavior of vzw. I mean, wow. Their iphone sales expectations are already WAY under the radar, and att has already launched its TB(the inspire 4g), and the atrix, with the infuse 4g on the way. Seriously, i dont meant to be a cry-baby, or a winer, but many of us have been waiting on this phone almost a year now. Its time big red... Dont make me buy a used dinc!!

Verizon's Thunderbolt is much better than AT&T's Inspire 4G.

-Not enabled for HSUPA (4G uploading on AT&T's network)
-Limited to 4GB of data due to the network
-Has only 4 GB (8 on TB) internal memory and only 8 GB (32 on TB) pre installed micro SD card
-Has only a 1230 mAh battery (1400 on TB)
And worst of all...
-HSPA instead of LTE

jtastic33

Reaction score
How reliable is anyone when it comes to this issue dont want to sound pessimessic but I doubt its coming out the 28 and also let's say it comes out in march mid or end I think it will be kind of old news and on its way out of date but let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst I guess

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

livetoskateaz

Reaction score
called verizon about 30 minutes ago and the rep. said that there is no official date on the thunderbolts release...i mentioned tomorrow and she said absolutely not. i asked well how about the 28th of feb. because that is what the 3 best buy managers had told me is their expected date to recieve the phone because the last thing they were told was that it has been delayed and the 24th is not the day it is coming out and have heard nothing to the contrary to it coming on the 28th....she got quiet and checked whatever she had to check and said well nothing is showing up as to that date so right now i am not sure when it will be released...if i were to make an educated guess it would be the 28th. but it would not suprise me if it gets delayed till march and if it does it is pushed back till march then it is truly a shame...

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Yeah was just gonna say, March 4th is a Friday.

Another Best Buy fail.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

champaned_out

Reaction score
this is a bit off topic but my upgrade has been up for several months now and i was wondering.. is it possible for me to grab the samsung fasinate for a week or two while i wait for the t-bolt? basically what i want to do is borrow a new phone from verizon using my upgrade until the TB comes out... if it doesnt come out before the 14days id just return it and go back to my D1

Status
Not open for further replies.