When will the OS madness end !!!!

ATC1986

Reaction score
I hope future updates will allow you to pick your own apps and delete apps that aren't need . In reality I rarely use all the apps on the incredible...... I kinda feel its false advertisement on htcs part due to all those commercials that say you could make the phone to your personality... I would like to be able to delete stock apps that I don't use ( cityid) a useless app by the way . Is there anybody out there that feels the same way ? And how can we make the change to work for us WITHOUT ROOTING YOUR PHONE ? ........

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think a lot of people here will agree with you but to be honest I wouldn't hold my breathe. the manufacturers and carriers will probably always add their stuff on to the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Those apps cannot be deleted without root access. Vzw makes a lot of money from those apps. Its like seeing a company name on a racecar. The app company pays vzw a large amount for them to force advertise their product. And it will never change. In fact it is going to get worse. :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

coskier

Reaction score
It's more the fault of the carriers I think. They are probably getting licensing deals for the apps people want to remove. You know greedy VZW sure is...

OP
A

ATC1986

Reaction score
Don't understand I had blackberry and you can completely remove anything you want ......

OP
A

ATC1986

Reaction score
But whatever .......

riko540

Reaction score
Funny enough when I first got the phone I thought I would never use any of the pre installed apps. But now I actually use most of them.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Don't understand I had blackberry and you can completely remove anything you want ......

I hope that was sarcasm or that it's ancient times you're talking about! I just came off a BB and it was getting all kinds of apps pushed to it. I could "hide" them, but it was impossible to delete them without hybriding...what y'all call "rooting."

Don't understand the hesitation to root it & uninstall the offending apps, if they bother you enough to start this thread?

-from my D1 running LFY v1.95 & Chevy's LV 1.1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry but that's not true. I had Blackberry and they would push certain apps on us all the time. You could delete them temporally but every time you reset your phone the app would appear again. You could hide them but that's about it.