When will I get ICS?????

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by JRH1982, Jun 27, 2012.

1. JRH1982

JRH1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am like most of you and have had the DROID razr almost since day one and have been craving the ice cream sandwich update. I'm so sick of conflicting information. I wish someone could just tell me when I'm getting it. Motorola tells me that Verizon has the update in their field and the ability to push it and Verizon tells me that they don't know when that it is being pushed out in batches.....what does that mean? Does that mean 100 a day? 1000 an hour? WTF? Its so aggravating and its a joke. Please someone help me understand or give me a date or something that will put my mind at ease.

2. ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Nobody can tell you exactly when you will get ICS. As for putting your mind at ease, I recommend a psychiatrist or maybe Valium. Now, begin the countdown for how long it takes this thread to be locked.

3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Did you get a text last week from Verizon telling you that your phone would receive the ICS update "within a week"? If so you have your answer. Any information differing from that is probably rumor. Many, many, many users, nation wide received that text message so I believe that "within a week" you will probably be notified that the update is available.

4. JRH1982

JRH1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your a real ass ya know. I don't need a psychiatrist ........just a decent answer from someone who knows what the hell is going on. Thanks for your rude comment....you could have kept that to yourself.

5. oksurb

oksurb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with JRH1982. Why all the secrecy? Why is it so difficult to give a simple answer to a simple question. And yes, it is a simple question. It's either being rolled out or it's not. Either answer is perfectly fine, but we can't even seem to get a credible one. And if it is being rolled out, you'd think they know HOW.

Personally, when I get it, I get it, but fundamentally, JRH1982 is right in asking.

6. ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I stand corrected. You seem to be perfectly sane. Honestly, I did not mean that to be rude. I was being sincere. Both psychiatrists and Valium are used to put people's minds at ease.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  7. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Let's keep this civil. To answer your question, 99% of the people here with Razrs are in the same boat as you, wondering when they'll see ICS. They don't know. No one here knows exactly when Verizon will stop playing pocket pool and actually send the update to people. You've already failed to get an answer out of both Motorola AND Verizon, so that should tell you flat out that you're not going to be able to get an answer. Not easily. There's a thread here that you could use to update your phone to ICS, no root involved. It's the official update. I'll get you a link in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here's your link:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213197

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

8. ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    There is report after report that ICS is going to be released in waves. I doubt very many, if any, Verizon employees know the exact date and time you will get it.

9. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Ratings:
    +7
    This board is missing a thread for those of us who are fine with our Gingerbread, and don't really care one way or another if ICS ever shows up. Because as soon as it does, it will just trigger the "When is Jellybean coming? OMG I need it NOW!" threads. :biggrin:

10. oksurb

oksurb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On a more serious note...I'm kinda new to sticking my nose in this forum, but I gotta say...I love your avatar ndtaylor77!!!

11. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +331
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    All of the decent answers you'll find are in the forum that's dedicated entirely to ICS on the RAZR.

While uncivil remarks are not necessary or justifiable from anyone, several users around here just get frustrated when people post the same questions over and over and over again when answers are available. In this case, not only are answers available, but there's a special forum dedicated to them.

The fact of the matter is that no one knows when you will get it. Verizon sent out a text last week to many RAZR/MAXX users saying to expect the update within a week. Motorola just finished a soak test, and I'm sure they're combing through the results now to make sure there aren't any major problems. At some point in the near future, Motorola will start pushing the update out in waves (Verizon does not push out the update). How many people are included in the waves? That's something Motorola will have to tell you. Those who are included are random, and it can take a week or two for it to get to everyone.

So just continue to wait patiently and check the Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion forum for more information.

12. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree with your comment. But that's how it goes. People want what's new, as soon as it's announced.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

13. ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thank you.

14. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,313
    Moving to the ics forum. Thanx :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

15. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Ratings:
    +7
    True. I feel bad for the mods, these things pop up about as quick as they can move them to the ICS forums.