when will beautiful widgets be back on the market?

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Am I missing something about beautiful widgets? I just downoladed it last night. It seems to be just an app that lets me put apps on the main three screens. How do I not accept or return an app? Thanks in advance, WolfpackRon.

Last edited:

HMJB

Reaction score
Am I missing something about beautiful widgets? I just downoladed it last night. It seems to be just an app that lets me put apps on the main three screens. How do I not accept or return an app? Thanks in advance, WolfjpackRon.

Must be a different App... or I don't completely understand what you are asking...

JamesX

Reaction score
to refund, just find the app in the market, in the lower right where the "buy" button use to be should be the "refund" button.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets App Problems

I downloaded Beautiful Widgets last night. I cannot get the animated weather part of the app to work properly. This app seems to only be a way to put app icons on the main 3 pages. Help please. WolfpackRon.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Thanks JamesX, I found the answer to that part of my question. But I want to give this app a fair shake before I return it. Everyone I read about likes this app. WolfpackRon.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded Beautiful Widgets last night. I cannot get the animated weather part of the app to work properly. This app seems to only be a way to put app icons on the main 3 pages. Help please. WolfpackRon.
When you 'tap' on the weather on the widget, does the animation pop up?

JamesX

Reaction score
The last time I read the release note, the author commented that Google Weather Server is acting up. That might be why your animation is not playing.

I uninstalled mine when they switched to the new look - but at that point it didn't play the animation on my DROID either.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
The weather icon I have on beautiful widgets is weather bug. Is there another weather icon associated wtih beautiful widgets?. When I tap on weather bug, I get the full screen opened up in weather bug. WolfpackRon.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The weather icon I have on beautiful widgets is weather bug. Is there another weather icon associated wtih beautiful widgets?.
Beautiful Widgets has it's own animations. If you add the widget to your Home screen, and then tap on the weather icon, it should open an animated window.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I may not have the "widget" installed on my main screen. Beautiful widgets that is. The instructions said to push on the main screen. Then four items in a list came up. One of them was widgets. When I selected widgets, a list of apps came up. When I selected the app, the icon was loaded on the main screen. I have not seen a beautiful widgets weather screen at all.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I may not have the "widget" installed on my main screen. Beautiful widgets that is. The instructions said to push on the main screen. Then four items in a list came up. One of them was widgets. When I selected widgets, a list of apps came up. When I selected the app, the icon was loaded on the main screen. I have not seen a beautiful widgets weather screen at all.
From that 'widget list' there should be one called "Beautiful Home" or "Beautiful Home smaller". These are the Beautiful Home weather widgets.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Thanks Martin, How was I supposed to know that widget home = beautiiful widgets weather? I now have it installed on one of my side pages main screens.It has the time, the date, the city, temp, clear and a picture of the sun. Still no animation that I can see. I will keep fooling with it. How do I put it on my center main page? I guess I am not impressed enough to keep it yet. WolfpackRon.

PS, can I put more than 12 apps on the main center page?.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Martin, How was I supposed to know that widget home = beautiiful widgets weather? I now have it installed on one of my side pages main screens.It has the time, the date, the city, temp, clear and a picture of the sun. Still no animation that I can see. I will keep fooling with it. How do I put it on my center main page? I guess I am not impressed enough to keep it yet. WolfpackRon.
There's the Home and Smaller Home. They do the same thing but obviously one is smaller. Also you will see (in the list of Beautiful xxxx) widgets for wi-fi, silent, gps, vibrate, etc. These are all one press toggles to turn on/off these features on the phone.

To access the animation, simply tap on the 'picture' of the sun (or moon) and the animation should pop up. From here you can access the settings for Beautiful Widgets.

To put in on your main page.....
1. Make enough room to load the widget and add it just as you had on the other screen. (It takes 2 rows and all 4 columns).Then you can go back and remove the widget from the screen you don't want it on. (Long press the widget, then drag to app drawer, when it turns into a trash can, drop it).
or....
2. You can long press on the widget, then drag it to the edge of the screen, wait til the screen 'shifts' to the next screen, and do so until you are on the screen you wish to have the widget on.

Last edited:

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Thanks again, you have been very helpful. I did tap the sun and get the animated weather screen. I have to remove a lot of useful apps from the main screen to put the weather app on the main screen. Can I bring these apps back under the weather app after I move it to the center screen?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks again, you have been very helpful. I did tap the sun and get the animated weather screen. I have to remove a lot of useful apps from the main screen to put the weather app on the main screen. Can I bring these apps back under the weather app after I move it to the center screen?
Yes. But you'll only have 2 rows and 4 columns to 'fill'. The larger widget for Beautiful (there are two) takes up 2 rows and 4 columns. The smaller widget only takes 1 row and 4 columns... give you more room for your other items on your main screen.