When will Android 2.3 (gingerbread) come out on the druid 2 global?

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
I have the droid 2 global and I hate it. I look forward to gingerbread. Hey I also had to replace the phone about 6 months after I bought it because the droid 2 global is known to have many problems with it

Same here... :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Try a new rom, fixes tons of things usually. I haven't seen a single random reboot or crash since I switched to fenom. Only times it did crash was on purpose. And now, having cm reminds me slightly of bugless beast/gpa on my D1...

tothenet

Reaction score
if you really wanna try Gingerbread, you can try CM7. It's gingerbread built on google code. Though it has a few minor bug related to camera, it's really great ROM.

It solved one major problem that I am ready to buy another phone from Craigslist, which is Music playback. My phone had some noise coming out randomly when playing cloud music, such as Amazon or Google Music. With CM7, no problem at all. It's super stable and super smooth. I underclocked mine to 1.0GHz and undervolted to extend battery life. Works great so far.

leobg

Reaction score
if you really wanna try Gingerbread, you can try CM7. It's gingerbread built on google code. Though it has a few minor bug related to camera, it's really great ROM.

It solved one major problem that I am ready to buy another phone from Craigslist, which is Music playback. My phone had some noise coming out randomly when playing cloud music, such as Amazon or Google Music. With CM7, no problem at all. It's super stable and super smooth. I underclocked mine to 1.0GHz and undervolted to extend battery life. Works great so far.

Are sensors working - like compas, proximity, orientation, light, etc with this CM7? How about GSM radio?

tothenet

Reaction score

Are sensors working - like compas, proximity, orientation, light, etc with this CM7? How about GSM radio?

Proximity, orientation and light are working. I can't really check GSM but I saw topic that GSM radio is fixed.

rusty815

Reaction score
GSM is fixed, you just change it to GSM via the settings and reboot and it works. all the sensors work, right now the only glaring bugs are that people cant hear you if your calling with bluetooth and the camera is mirrored.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
At least reboots are fairly quick, you can just open dev tools and go to bad behavior and crash the system server. Causes a really quick reboot...
Nightlies are a hit or miss nowadays though. Today was the worst, either the settings stuck and I got no 3G, or the settings didn't stick and I had 3G.

rusty815

Reaction score
It requires a reboot to switch to GSM?..

Well that's pretty inconvenient…

well they found out that in order to switch between gsm and cdma, they would need some moto libs, so the best they can do is have it require a reboot to get gsm, still, its much better than not having gsm support and cm7 is totally worth that little bug.

leobg

Reaction score
fastest reboot for Moto D2g is Shift-Alt-Del

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
For the shift alt delete thing do you also have to hold down the power button first?

leobg

Reaction score
For the shift alt delete thing do you also have to hold down the power button first?

No - just slide open the keyboard press all 3 buttons at the same time and phone will instantly reboot.

Ryujin13

Reaction score
At this point if the 27th comes and goes with no update ill be rerooting and will probably run the hexen rom

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I wouldn't really expect the update to arrive before September… but I'm pessimistic when it comes to Motorola.