When will 2.2 be coming?

Njn92

Reaction score
Will there be anything making reception better ??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
N

Njn92

Reaction score
Thank god hopefully it comes b4 my thirty da tr s is up im only getting two bars and a functionak gps would be nice..

powell730

Reaction score
So this is scheduled to be out in the "next few weeks"? So that means mid 2011 at this rate?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
This is bad business for Samsung. How can the Galaxy line possibly compete as a highend device without 2.2? The N1 and D1 will be getting 2.3 soon. Homefully Samsung just skips 2.2 altogether. Since they are making the next Google phone that will release with Gingerbread, maybe they will be experts on it and just go to that. Doubtful though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
N

Njn92

Reaction score
Seriously. My service has been better.

Sent from the samsung fascinate.

Richdd

Reaction score
Not holding my breath. They have one of, if not the best phones on the market And they are dropping the ball like a bad habit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

snowcraig

Reaction score
I just got one a Fascinate for my wife Friday night. The Verizon rep told me that 2.3 was being pushed to the Fascinate in 3-4 weeks.

IamGov

Reaction score
Here's the deal. VZW reps get emails when os updates are released to VZW for the devices. More than likely 2.3 is being released for them to work with. We wont see 2.3 anytime soon.

PS VZW Rep told me a month ago that 2.2 is coming to Fascinate that day.....still holding my breath.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

snowcraig

Reaction score
Here's the deal. VZW reps get emails when os updates are released to VZW for the devices. More than likely 2.3 is being released for them to work with. We wont see 2.3 anytime soon.

PS VZW Rep told me a month ago that 2.2 is coming to Fascinate that day.....still holding my breath.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

You could be right. A few things make me think he was legit. First, he wasn't the rep we bought the phone from. Second, we had the conversation after we made the purchase. And last, the guy was into rooting and such (he wanted to check out my og droid running ultimate droid with slayer kernel and red glass theme). Also, it wasn't a corporate verizon store. He may have been bullcrapping me, but he really had no reason to. My wife loves the phone as is anyway.

ATC1986

Reaction score
Who can be called or emailed to put a rush on this update . I believe if everyone complains things mite change ..... Because this hear say stuff is bs ... You spend so much money on this crap and you get nothing in return... sry guys I'm just venting ......

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
Android central released today saying that the Epic should be getting froyo starting the 26th, lasting 4 days. I know its not about the Fascinate, but perhaps that sheds hope that we will be getting it pretty damn soon. Hopefully.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Last I heard 2.2 for the Fascinate was a no-go. Moving straight to Gingerbread.

There is a better chance of Gingerbread never being officially released to the Fascinate. Samsung has already tried to push Froyo to Galaxy S devices and failed. Multiple times. Most recently they wiped the sd card on the majority of those that received the update. You'll know when Froyo is close for the Fascinate when the GSM devices complete a successful rollout.

I think the only hope for Fascinate ever seeing Gingerbread is Nexus S.... but that's a long shot.

Last edited: