when the moto goes to 2.1

Reaction score
so reading the forum for droid news up above, it looks like the moto is getting 2.1 very soon. has there been anything on when we will be getting 2.0 or would it be after the moto ota update probably?

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
I would probably have to say after the moto droid update due to the moto droid being a cash cow for Big Red. They are gonna wanna keep people coming into the stores and purchasing online by keeping the device up to date and viable with the recent launch of nexus done.... but I shall pray to the Big Red and Android gods for you...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
There were rumors that it could happen next week. But then they released that little patch last week so it might have been related to that.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as the Eris goes I haven't heard anything more than it will get 2.0 but HTC has to put thier UI in it too. So the when is still unknown

chassum

Reaction score
Mot Droids are going crazy waiting around for the 2.1 witching hour. It would be crazy cruel if the update went to Eris first.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so reading the forum for droid news up above, it looks like the moto is getting 2.1 very soon. has there been anything on when we will be getting 2.0 or would it be after the moto ota update probably?

I have heard nothing either, but as another member stated, i would imagine sometime soon and sometime after the 2.1 for the droid. The droid brings in much money for VZW, but it also depends on when HTC is ready with it also. It takes some time to get the UI installed and working with a new update. That's usually why they are around 1 update behind the other droid systems. That's one of the reasons why HTC is not for me.

chassum

Reaction score
So, its 6:30AM CDT which is a coupla hours after the updates typically start happening. So far, nothing from Mot Droid forums.

refthemc

Reaction score
HTC said it was coming sometime 1st quarter for Sprint, so I'm guessing it would be the same for Verizon. But that means anytime between now and April, so we might be kept waiting for a bit but really who knows?...