When should we expect a new Froyo ROM?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by apops, Jun 23, 2010.

1. apops

apops New Member

Anyone know when we can get a BB official froyo ROM with the source code now out for 2.2? And any new changes or features to expect?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

just try out the experimental one
  3. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

your going to have to wait for someone to release a stock froyo from source first I dont belive pete builds from source. He may but I have heard that he does not. I don't remember seeing built from source on any of his roms but could be wrong. And i don't mind the wait because his roms are awesome. It would be great sooner rather then later but quality takes time
  4. chomorro

chomorro New Member

Sheesh patience people patience
  5. ldougherty

ldougherty New Member

6. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

I have had almost zero issues with bb0.2.1 oc'd to 1200mHz
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

8. wlrottge

wlrottge New Member

0.2.1 is AWESOME... minus a few little quirks. The quirks aren't bad though.
  9. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

im waiting for koush to set it up. shouldn't be to much longer for him. he made a repository for sholes on github but when i synced to it i found it was for the passion hardware(nexus) so hes probably needs to modify it to be a sholes-open hard ware config(Droid) then he will push the new files and we will all have the sholes vendor. :D

as for pete i dont think he builds from source. but he really should start probally make his roms better.
  10. budmonster

budmonster Guest

i believe koush builds from the ground up and pete has a little help from what I get, could be wrong.

0.2.1 is horrible right now and I'm a big BB fan. I'm currently on CM 5.0.8 and once Koush pushes out CM6 for Droid, it'll be the best out.
  11. ckamc

ckamc New Member

Right around when cm6 comes out, if i recall someone said pete doesnt do all the work but a but does contribute and makes his own tweaks with his bb

I say cm6 in a week or two, definately way before late july as motors official one is stated to release
  12. cavillis

cavillis New Member

That doesn't make it true for other people. There is variance in chip production that makes some better than others.

In fact, the 1ghz chip in the new droid from verizon coming in july are EXACTLY the same as the ones in the Droid 1 now. The ones in the droid 1 only have to pass testing at 600mhz (i think thats the "spec" for the droid), the new ones have to pass at 1ghz.

Many pass higher than that but they are set to the phone's specs for consistency.
  13. ckamc

ckamc New Member

I dont believe they are the exact same chip and are in fact just a 45nm spec thats been overclocked since it runs on a smaller die it is able to run faster and consume less power since its on a smaller setup.

How else can they claim the droid x to have a 8hr talk time when the droid 1 is rated at 6.5 hrs.

I believe the droid 2 will probably have the best battery life since it will be on a smaller screen, but we will see
  14. JLCollier2005

JLCollier2005 New Member

Pete has said (and I can't find the quote, I believe it was in his release post for 0.1, but I am not sure) that he will probably build from source when the official FroYo release comes out and is why his current ROM is 0.2 instead of 1.2. We will see, though. I have had great luck with 0.1 but bad luck with 0.2 and 0.2.1 so I'm going to reflash to 0.1 and wait until an "official" release...