When selecting app it highlights but takes 2-3 second to open..!!

Bionic_Racer

Reaction score
does this happen to anyone else? maybe 3 out of 10 times i will select an app and it will light up (like its about to open) but freeze like that for 2-3 seconds before it actually opens.

is this a normal glitch of the bionic or is my device defective? should i exchange it?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions...

1) Is it the same apps?
2) What are the apps names?
3) What else is running?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Its normal on mine too! Not positive, but when mine starts acting up like that, I have always checked my app cache and its hitting like 20 MB or so and do a 1 tap clean on it and it works.
Maybe its a coincidence, but it makes sense to me! "Memory starts filling up, things start laggin".
So yea...mine does that too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use Task Manager or something like that.

At the same time, the Android OS doesn't work like Windows in terms of memory. A runaway app can slow things down and drain your battery, but don't just kill apps as the OS may start them up again.

Last edited:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Bionic_Racer said:
Usually its the browser app it happens with. And man i have so many apps running i cant list all of them off the top pf my head. But ive been having this problem for a few days.

How do i find out what apps are running at any given time?

Settings : applications : running apps

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Bionic_Racer said:
Ok how do i check the app cache?

There are many, but I downloaded ( 1 tap cleaner) from the market! Works pretty good!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
aaf709 said:
You can use Task Manager or an app like that. When I asked about the other apps, I meant how many are running at the same time.

At the same time, the Android OS doesn't work like Windows in terms of memory. A runaway app can slow things down and drain your battery, but don't just kill apps as the OS may start them up again.

Lol sorry, didn't mean to step on your Q&A. Just wanted to hit him up with an easy check. But you are probably right, it might be something else! I'm curious? Because mine does it too sometimes!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them on task killers.

A runaway app will be one that in the Running App as at or near the top, but it'll be something you aren't using. Maybe a Weather app that's stuck trying to get a good connection or something else.

There's an app called Watchdog that'll warn you if an app is a runaway.

Last edited:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
I still think you need to clean your app cache if you've never done it before ...just say'n

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol sorry, didn't mean to step on your Q&A. Just wanted to hit him up with an easy check. But you are probably right, it might be something else! I'm curious? Because mine does it too sometimes!

No problem. I don't know all the answers. :)

One thing when people post a problem is they don't always give information right away. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "My car's making a noise" and that's it. When does it make the noise? What is the sound like? In the case of the phone, some obvious questions are: Are you rooted? What version of GB are you running? How long has this happened? Did you do an update to an app (or install one) at the same time?

I'm asking so when we see those answers someone with more knowledge than me will be able to answer that.

Last edited:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Just get the app, I use it every couple days like clockwork

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
aaf709 said:
No problem. I don't know all the answers. :)

One thing when people post a problem is they don't always give information right away. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "My car's making a noise" and that's it. When does it make the noise? What is the sound like? In the case of the phone, some obvious questions are: Are you rooted? What version of GB are you running? How long has this happened? Did you do an update to an app (or install one) at the same time?

I'm asking so when we see those answers someone with more knowledge than me will be able to answer that.

I used to be a mechanic so I know exactly what your saying, haven't been posting for very long so I'm just used to throwing in my 2 cents when I can! Lol

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Bionic_Racer said:
Do you guys think that the juice defender app is a waste? I got that on my bionic but im not sure of how beneficial its been..

Had it, removed it, seems to be a debate on this forum as to its effectiveness. Seems that alot of the top forum guys don't think its that great. So I pretty much bow down to their wisdom! They haven't steered me wrong yet!
When I had it, I just wasn't sure if it was doing anything or not??? It just sat there and? ran in the background??