When Nexus One comes out for Verizon should I switch?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Eris, but the Nexus One does look pretty cool. What are you all gonna do?

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Eris, but the Nexus One does look pretty cool. What are you all gonna do?

Keep my Droid....No reason to switch.
If I had the Eris I might be tempted to switch to the N1 when it's out for VZW. But see no reason to think of switching from my Moto Droid to the N1

The N1 seems so much lighter than the Moto Droid. The size and weight of the Moto Droid is what turned me off.

P.S. GO COWBOYS! :)

Reaction score

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep my Droid....No reason to switch.
If I had the Eris I might be tempted to switch to the N1 when it's out for VZW. But see no reason to think of switching from my Moto Droid to the N1

The N1 seems so much lighter than the Moto Droid. The size and weight of the Moto Droid is what turned me off.

You're replying to a guy who's first phone was a bag phone. Tell me, how much is "so much lighter"???

ErisHappy

Reaction score
I had the same question on my mind if I should switch phones. I tried to read up on all the available info, watch youtube video for the Nexus one. I came to the conclusion that there's always going to be a better phone out there ! Besides, I can't express enough how flash player 10.1 format for smart phones will change how you will use your phone. Your smartphone will be like a mini laptop.You will be able to stream video ,music , interactive games online ETC.... Adobe's being working on this since early last year. They used the Nexus One as one the examples of what adobe can do for your smartphone. They are working on other smartphones too. (Hopefully on all HTC smartphones) So don't be to to quick to switch over . I going to see if it happens for the Eris "with Flash Player" first than ...If not ... Than I will switch !!!:)

lowtech

Reaction score
Giving this a year or so - this is another step forward, but I am comfortable right now with my Eris. Great fun to watch it unfold however...!

There is a great article somewhere online this morning about Google and Apple going head-to-head now - I love competition! We, the consumers, win!

Also, the possibility that Android 2+ will be released for all Android phones... fingers crossed!

ErisHappy

Reaction score
Hey LowTech, I 'm with you. on that . I feel the same way. Smartphones are just going to get better and we benefit from it. So let the big companies "Duke it Out" !.I really hoping also that the Eris keeps running smoothly . That it can handle the future upgrades and a better flash player ...Because I really love this phone ! :)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

You're replying to a guy who's first phone was a bag phone. Tell me, how much is "so much lighter"???

What I want to know is, are people so physically unfit nowadays that a 6oz device (Droid) is actually too heavy to use or carry? I bet the same people have no problem lifting their 8oz double quarter pounders to their mouths. Or their 3 gallon jugs of soda from the quick-e-mart.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

What I want to know is, are people so physically unfit nowadays that a 6oz device (Droid) is actually too heavy to use or carry? I bet the same people have no problem lifting their 8oz double quarter pounders to their mouths. Or their 3 gallon jugs of soda from the quick-e-mart.

Ahhh, so if you don't like the MotoDroid you are fat. Nice logic.

lowtech

Reaction score

I can disprove that theory! :smile:

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I can disprove that theory! :smile:

Me too. In fact I'll bet I am in better shape than Dave. :icon_ banana: