when is the real ota ics expected

jayman350

Reaction score
no one really knows, anyone that give you a date is just guessing

be happy that we have the leaks to play with for now

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The leak is completely safe (can revert to 5.9.902 via FXZ file) - so worthwhile trying the leak, IMHO. Compared to ICS, all past stock Bionic OSes have sucked.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last I heard it was Q3, meaning anywhere from July to September, but again there's absolutely no guarantee that it's still accurate.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Q3 was last i have heard .. i would guess the end

striker85

Reaction score
Early Q3 was and is still the target. Perhaps in the next few weeks...?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

bigtex52

Reaction score
Mid to late Q3 is still very likely. After Moto thinks it's good to go, VZW will still take their standard 8-10 weeks in their lab before they release it to soak testing and deployment. I really wish there was a really viable competetor to VZW. The one thing that company lacks is any sense of urgency. I have tried them all and keep coming back.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The leak is completely safe (can revert to 5.9.902 via FXZ file) - so worthwhile trying the leak, IMHO. Compared to ICS, all past stock Bionic OSes have sucked.
+1

Dave is right, I've had it for about 48 hours now myself and have not noticed a single major issue. Not being able to switch to CDMA only (3G) can be kind of a bum deal if you don't have LTE in your area, but aside from that...ICS is really easy to flash and it's very simple to flash back to stock if you need to. Just make sure you back up everything with Titanium Back first, back up contacts, and save any important text message conversations, then take all of that stuff and back it up on your computer just to be safe. Afterwards, have a field day!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Q3 was last i have heard .. i would guess the end

Where do you guys get these "guesses" from? The damn release chart on Motorola's OWN website says "early Q3" - which would be July.

Again:

early Q3 = July
Mid Q3 = August
late Q3 = September

In case you haven't actually TRIED the leak, give it a try. The thing has GOT to be close to a soak test. I'm betting the soak test will begin after the RAZR OTA finishes pushing. Following that, they will move on to the D4.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mid to late Q3 is still very likely. After Moto thinks it's good to go, VZW will still take their standard 8-10 weeks in their lab before they release it to soak testing and deployment. I really wish there was a really viable competetor to VZW. The one thing that company lacks is any sense of urgency. I have tried them all and keep coming back.

The entire testing process takes 8-10 weeks, not just Verizon testing. The official RAZR build (211) was compiled on June 14th. If your statement was true, there would be no way that 211 would be official, since it's only 9 days old. This thing is closer to release than you guys realize, I would bet.