When is LTE going live in your area?

DroidStang

Reaction score
Been traveling for 10 days, want to verify something cause may have turned something off then caught it but just double checking. Is data roaming supposed to be checked under mobile network settings, cause when I was in a extended area had had no service, but my blackberry had service even though said extended. The tb no service, then when checked data roaming I had service, I talked to store where I bought they said yeah, supposed to be checked Verizon users are never charged roaming
Oh yeah, there is 4 g in west laffeyete, in too
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DroidStang

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless Turns On 4G LTE in Raleigh-Durham On July 21 and Boosts 3G Coverage With 58 New Cell Sites in the Triangle

The deployment of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE in Raleigh-Durham, N.C. also provides LTE coverage throughout the surrounding areas of Cary, Apex, Clayton, Morrisville, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Gorman, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Knightdale, Wendell, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Garner and Smithfield.

DroidStang

Reaction score
In Raleigh now, 4G just showed up although I heard 21st July release, but did a speed test, and fact it shows 2.37 mbps does not compute, Dallas airport had when es there was like 15 to 20 mbps so maybe just testing something?

skruid

Reaction score
End of August for Sioux city ia, hopeful Droid bionic comes in August too, I got an upgrade in september

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jmd

Reaction score
We just got 4g last week in baton rouge. Speed test.net on 3g was between 2.5-4 now on 4g my lowest test was 9.75 most on the time its 14-16.9

Beardface

Reaction score
In Raleigh now, 4G just showed up although I heard 21st July release, but did a speed test, and fact it shows 2.37 mbps does not compute, Dallas airport had when es there was like 15 to 20 mbps so maybe just testing something?

I'm getting around 5.5Mbps here. However, I think the problem with the Speeds Test app is that the server they use is located in Wilson, which I'm not sure is included with this, or at least its far enough away that it slows down the speed. When I was in DC, I could get 30Mbps, so 5.5 in a smaller market on the first day it goes live is interesting, to say the least.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Dallas was 14 to 16 looking back at my log files when was there, and 3g just returned, 4G fine now, so same s I saw 2 months ago when Verizon was testing again, so shoals be at least 10 mbps when ready

Beardface

Reaction score
Dallas was 14 to 16 looking back at my log files when was there, and 3g just returned, 4G fine now, so same s I saw 2 months ago when Verizon was testing again, so shoals be at least 10 mbps when ready

LOL... I love it when people post in a stream of consciousness....

;)

DroidStang

Reaction score
Glad your happy, I guess until they announce it in such a high tech town as Raleigh as being official, I can't complain but 4G showing again, 2.37 mbps dl it better be lot faster when official,

Beardface

Reaction score
Glad your happy, I guess until they announce it in such a high tech town as Raleigh as being official, I can't complain but 4G showing again, 2.37 mbps dl it better be lot faster when official,

You know... this who SpeedTest app thing is... well... Interesting...

I'm in the heart of Raleigh... used the Wilson, NC server, which is 70 miles away and got a download speed of 5.5Mbps consistently (which is still a significant boost from the ~1Mbps I was getting with 3G)... Just switched servers to Washington, DC and just blew a 26Mbps...

I think we got ourselves full LTE.

DroidStang

Reaction score
In Raleigh 21 July was the schedule, thinking they are just slowly testing, no way full LTE

MadScientist

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for it to go live in wichita ks on the 21st. Hopefully I can replace home internet with unlimited tether through Verizon.

Sent from my Thunderbolt