When is 2.3 coming out?

tnronin

Reaction score
One of my students said that an update for my Droid 1 is coming out shortly. Some good stuff in it from what he told me. I'm all jiggy about it. Anybody know anything about it?

TIA.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Dang. He said battery life was going to increase and processor speed would as well. I'm gonna give him a big fat F on the next quiz!!

Sent from my Droid

patfactorx

Reaction score
The Nexus One and the G2 haven't gotten it yet so I unno if the D1 update is coming soon. I heard Google is holding out to sell more Nexus S

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score

dan.dar

Reaction score
Check out custom roms section on this site. Liquid already has 2.3 out for D1. Running nice and smooth on my phone.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why are people saying that their is a good chance that D1 wont get the official 2.3? So far Motorola has done a great job at adding updates to the D1, where do you get the information that the D1 wont get the update? Motorola hasn't really officially said anything. So rumors on ether side of the fence are just that, rumors. Scuttlebutt. Gingerbread roms are available now, so if your desperate id hit one of those.

JieMan

Reaction score
Ha ha ha..gingerbread..
D1 is already eol thats why there's talk of no more updates..moto isnt going to support a relic anymore.sad to say but true . If they keep updating phones in a timely manner they wont sell as many new ones.FACT . As to why they lock the boot loaders to prevent unofficial third party support on new kernals and real roms..

As for an update bringing better battery perfomance with a higher speed .. Make up your mind you cant have both,lol .. Another fail when trying to sell new hardware is making obsolete hardware relevent again . You cant teach that its just common sense

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well common sense says an OTA update means that they are still supporting the device rigggghhhht? Granted the next ota update is not expected to be 2.3 but just a bug fix, but that means they are still supporting the device. Thus, "D1 is already eol thats why there's talk of no more updates" ...is untrue. You do realize another ota is coming soon right? Also, just as a side note here, have the X and D2 received gingerbread yet? Are those devices not supported either? lol common sense right? I wouldn't say anything until the fat lady sings... or till the X, and D2 at least get Gingerbread then id start worrying. And a relic? really? haha, thats exaggerating to the extreme.

Last edited:
OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Well I may have to nut up and root my phone.