When I hold down my finger on the home screen the widgets don't show up, it's asking

lilly_35_

Reaction score
It's asking "choose wallpaper from" and it's just a wallpaper list. Can someone please tell me how to get my widget list to show back up when I hold down on my home screen for a long hold? This is frustrating me! I've looked all over the net and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a droid razr. Thank you!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, ICS changed how you get to your widgets. Open your app drawer and slide it to the left...Or at the top, touch where it says widgets and there they are. When you find your widget, long press and it still place it on your home screen. Once on your homescreen, you can long press it to move it to where you want it.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Goto the app drawer and hit the widgets tab. Long press the one you want and drag it down to the screen.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
L

lilly_35_

Reaction score
Not to be completely stupid but where and what is the app drawer? I'm not that technical savvy :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
NP, along the bottom of your home screen, there are icons. The one in the center is usually the app drawer...the icon that shows a grid of all the apps you have on your phone.

OP
L

lilly_35_

Reaction score
Got it, I didn't realize that was the name for it. Thank you, that has had me frustrated the past few hours. I don't like the new way of doing it, I like the old way better. Thanks again!!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your welcome. It gets confusing keeping up with the new. Then when you get used to it, it gets changed again, lol! I like to think that it is for the better. Feel free to ask any thing that comes up. This is a great community here to help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can install a third party launcher that will return the "press and hold" for widgets functionality to ICS. Several are favorites among members, including Go Launcher EX, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, ADW Launcher, HOLO Launcher, Atom Launcher, and many more. The are simply downloaded and installed like any other application, and once run present you with a "clean slate" of home screen options.

Some like Go Launcher EX are blessed with literally hundreds of pre-designed themes that you can download and install, which will give you a multitude of varying functionality, feel, look, and customization to your phone.

You can find a list here (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=launcher&c=apps&start=48&num=24) to start with, but tha's just the first 1,000 results of a simple search titled "launcher". You can refine the search and obtain more appropriate results to your liking.

Welcome to Android!!

Good luck! :angry:

NOTE:!! This is/was my 6,000th post! YAY FOR ME!! :icon_ banana: And with a 22% approval rating (1324 likes over 6,000 posts), I suppose I am appreciated as well.