1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

When I hold down my finger on the home screen the widgets don't show up, it's asking

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by lilly_35_, Nov 7, 2012.

1. lilly_35_

lilly_35_ New Member

It's asking "choose wallpaper from" and it's just a wallpaper list. Can someone please tell me how to get my widget list to show back up when I hold down on my home screen for a long hold? This is frustrating me! I've looked all over the net and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a droid razr. Thank you!
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

Yeah, ICS changed how you get to your widgets. Open your app drawer and slide it to the left...Or at the top, touch where it says widgets and there they are. When you find your widget, long press and it still place it on your home screen. Once on your homescreen, you can long press it to move it to where you want it.
  3. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Goto the app drawer and hit the widgets tab. Long press the one you want and drag it down to the screen.

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  4. lilly_35_

lilly_35_ New Member

Not to be completely stupid but where and what is the app drawer? I'm not that technical savvy :)
  5. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

NP, along the bottom of your home screen, there are icons. The one in the center is usually the app drawer...the icon that shows a grid of all the apps you have on your phone.
  6. lilly_35_

lilly_35_ New Member

Got it, I didn't realize that was the name for it. Thank you, that has had me frustrated the past few hours. I don't like the new way of doing it, I like the old way better. Thanks again!!!!
  7. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

Your welcome. It gets confusing keeping up with the new. Then when you get used to it, it gets changed again, lol! I like to think that it is for the better. Feel free to ask any thing that comes up. This is a great community here to help.
  8. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You can install a third party launcher that will return the "press and hold" for widgets functionality to ICS. Several are favorites among members, including Go Launcher EX, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, ADW Launcher, HOLO Launcher, Atom Launcher, and many more. The are simply downloaded and installed like any other application, and once run present you with a "clean slate" of home screen options.

Some like Go Launcher EX are blessed with literally hundreds of pre-designed themes that you can download and install, which will give you a multitude of varying functionality, feel, look, and customization to your phone.

You can find a list here (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=launcher&c=apps&start=48&num=24) to start with, but tha's just the first 1,000 results of a simple search titled "launcher". You can refine the search and obtain more appropriate results to your liking.

Welcome to Android!!

Good luck! :angry:

NOTE:!! This is/was my 6,000th post! YAY FOR ME!! :icon_ banana: And with a 22% approval rating (1324 likes over 6,000 posts), I suppose I am appreciated as well.
Search tags for this page

android widgets don't show up

choose wallpaper from

disable hold finger on screen android

hold finger on screen unity
long click the home screen does not show widgets
long press home screen android
long press on razr m does not give a menu

long press only shows wallpaper

only get wallpaper option long hold
wallpaper holding finger
why does long hold bring up wallpaper