When does VZW tbolt free hotspot expire?

kparks

Reaction score
You will be warned first. They are supposed to push an update out to ensure that.

The promotion for the unlimited hotspot expired on 07/06/2011. Effective 07/07/2011, a monthly subscription fee of $30 for Mobile HotSpot(MHS) and Mobile Broadband Connect (MBBC) will be applicable for customers who choose to continue using the service. ThunderBolt, DROID Charge by Samsung and LG Revolution customers who want to continue to use MHS and MBBC will be prompted (upon initiating a MHS / MBBC session) to self provision the MHS / MBBC for 4G LTE Smartphone option.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Is this a joke... Lol VZW support and follow us on Twitter. Sounds legit...but the update does not affect the mobile hot spot

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
You will be warned first. They are supposed to push an update out to ensure that.

The promotion for the unlimited hotspot expired on 07/06/2011. Effective 07/07/2011, a monthly subscription fee of $30 for Mobile HotSpot(MHS) and Mobile Broadband Connect (MBBC) will be applicable for customers who choose to continue using the service. ThunderBolt, DROID Charge by Samsung and LG Revolution customers who want to continue to use MHS and MBBC will be prompted (upon initiating a MHS / MBBC session) to self provision the MHS / MBBC for 4G LTE Smartphone option.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Is this a joke... Lol VZW support and follow us on Twitter. Sounds legit...but the update does not affect the mobile hot spot

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ya i feel like verizon wouldn't boast that the update disables an awesome free feature. They would probably tried to hide it in an update with awesome features people would want and not question.

But, I have in several places that people lost hotspot abilities after update. Apparently for some it now says that you will have to pay for it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

A

awdwhip

I just tested out my hotspot and it still works. :) plus, I won't be upgrading to MR2 because I'm one of the lucky people who doesn't get a bunch of random reboots.

MTBryan

Reaction score
The new OTA update did remove my free hotspot capability and changed the icon but PDANet still works on my phone.

Sent from my TBolt

RotorJoe

Reaction score
One other thing, when I called and got the low down on the HotSpot pricing, all those who have the unlimited data plan and were grandfathered over will get an unlimited hotspot plan feature for the $30 instead of just 2GB. So that makes things a touch better.