What's your overall opinion?

kashmir728

Reaction score
I've heard the good and the bad about the droid 3. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I have not had a single problem. The phone is snappy, fast and has an overall great design. The only problem is no 4g, but the droid 3 will hold me over until the droid 4, which is already in talks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Overall, I love this phone. What I love most about it is the spacious keyboard which motorola has finally perfected. I can't imagine them finding a way to improve the keyboard.

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
The keyboard is great, the phone is fast, awesome battery life (post-update), soooo easy to see in direct sunlight, all around greatness. They just need to make the camera faster to both open and auto-focus and I might never want to get rid of it.

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Droid 3. I don't miss the 4G since it is not fully rolled out in my area. The D3 is quick and opens most things as quick or faster than my wifes iPhone 4. The keyboard really is about perfect. The screen is great although some people complain, I don't see the issues. Its the perfect size too. Big, but not too big. The only improvement I would like to see is with the camera. Its slow to open and take pictures and the pictures are not that great. I have not played with the camera that much though so I might be able to improve it and not know it. Overall I highly recommend the Droid 3.

REMilk

Reaction score
With the Droid 3 BOGO promotion (@ for $149), I upgraded from an OG Droid and my wife from an LG EVY 3 to Droid 3s about 7 weeks ago. Mine would not complete activation and was immediately replaced. There have been no problems with the 2nd one and my wife has had no problems with hers. I went this route as I could not justify the expense of getting the Bionic for me @ $299 and spending another $150-$200 for her. (These were the prices in late August 2011).

My wife is very pleased with hers. She is using the laptop less and less and using the web and social media apps, Facebook and Twitter, on the Droid 3 more and more.

I thought I would miss the 4G, but in looking back, I have not. While home, I am connected to my home network and while traveling, I have connected to hotel networks, airport networks (when free), library networks, MacDonalds, Panera Bread, Starbucks, etc, and client networks. I seem to nearly always have a high-speed connection.

Neither phone has mysteriously rebooted. My phone is rooted, but no apps are frozen or deleted, and my wife's is not. She is pleased with the stock Home Screen/Launcher and I am running "Go Launcher EX".

Battery life, has improved with the update and we consider it acceptable. We both are usually able to get the entire day out of an overnight charge.

We have no issues with the screen, we find it very clear and bright.

Just my opinions here, your may differ.

Bob

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The keyboard is great, the phone is fast, awesome battery life (post-update), soooo easy to see in direct sunlight, all around greatness. They just need to make the camera faster to both open and auto-focus and I might never want to get rid of it.

You may want to try some of the camera replacement apps in the market. People are having success with Cameral FX, Pro Camera Zoom 5X and Vignette. There are others and try them all and you'll find one you like. BTW, I think they all are faster than the stock motorola app.

mbaker

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 3 a little over a month now and I love it. On the other hand its my first Android phone, so I'm comparing to my iPod touch. Its pretty snappy, the display is awesome, storage space is good. I haven't had any problems at all, other than bricking it through ignorance once. I'd recommend it without reservation.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I pre-ordered this phone the day after they opened for pre-orders. So, I've been through the rough patch with random re-booting and less than great battery life. Now that those item's have been fixed I find that I really love this phone. I am currently rooted and ROM'd (Steel Droid 2.0) and the phone is extremely stable and responsive. My droid life consists of the OG droid, the Droid X and now the Droid 3. I truly feel like each purchase has been an upgrade. Maybe not immediately but once we get root and the devs go to work, things start improving.

OP
kashmir728

kashmir728

Reaction score
The droid 3, in my opinion, is just a droid bionic with no 4g and a keyboard

OP
kashmir728

kashmir728

Reaction score
Its a great thing. The dual core processor does wonders. No 4g no problem. Plus the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Everything in the D3 is amazing, except the camera.

cece5702

Reaction score
Its a great thing. The dual core processor does wonders. No 4g no problem. Plus the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone

Apart from the 4g, do you consider the D3 an upgrade from the DX? 4G will not be in my area for awhile. I'm sure its much faster than the X.

Sent from my DROIDX

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Apart from the 4g, do you consider the D3 an upgrade from the DX? 4G will not be in my area for awhile. I'm sure its much faster than the X.

4G uses too much battery power. I'm not even interested at this point. A D3 is totally different from an X. The X has a bigger screen and no keyboard. If that's what you want then the Droid X is the right choice. If you don't mind the somewhat smaller screen and if you like a keyboard then the Droid 3 is the way to go. The X is a great, great phone. It is a bit older so it may not be able to run more intensive software as well, but I think that for most people and most software, the X is a more than adequate phone. The Droid 3 rules.

cece5702

Reaction score
4G uses too much battery power. I'm not even interested at this point. A D3 is totally different from an X. The X has a bigger screen and no keyboard. If that's what you want then the Droid X is the right choice. If you don't mind the somewhat smaller screen and if you like a keyboard then the Droid 3 is the way to go. The X is a great, great phone. It is a bit older so it may not be able to run more intensive software as well, but I think that for most people and most software, the X is a more than adequate phone. The Droid 3 rules.

Well said! Thank you :)

Sent from my DROIDX