Whats your favorite RSS reader?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bodean, Feb 2, 2010.

1. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And why? Newsrob user here, tired having to enter PW each time, always having issues with it.

2. jimnutt

jimnutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just use the mobile version of google reader. That way I don't have to worry about sync issues. The android/iPhone version is pretty good.

3. nite 0wl

nite 0wl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Newsrob. I rarely have to enter the password, generally only if my phone has been rebooted or if it loses signal in the middle of an update. Admittedly the latest version seems a little less stable than the last one.

4. AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the app FeedR of the Market for 99cents and it's well worth it, there is a Lite version to try out it's just like the full version from what i can tell but has an annoying popup. For 99 cents it seemed well worth it.

5. NastyNate08

NastyNate08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use RSS widget reader (something like that, my phone is charging in the other room or i'd look).... So far, based on feedback, sounds like one of the only RSS reader with a widget.

I don't want to scroll through my 50+ apps to find my Rss reader... I want that biiaaatttccchhhh On one of my 7 home screens!

6. lyam

lyam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just set my homepage to the mobile version of google reader. Very well done site.

7. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I've tried them all and I keep going back to NewsRob. I share a lot of articles and NewsRob has the best sharing features. IMO, it also is the fastest. The developer is a nice guy who always responds fast and he provides a lot of updates.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The RSS feed I subscribed to publishes articles in PDF format. I am trying to find an app for my Droid that will go download those articles for me and let me read them when I do not have an internet connection.

I tried most every RSS reader out there so far, and all they do is show me the title of the latest PDF available to download. None of the go download the PDF automatically.

Any idears?

-Mike

9. uscjoel

uscjoel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love FeedR...You can set the refresh intervals to your own liking.

10. P_McNeal

P_McNeal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another vote for mobile Google Reader. I put a shortcut on my front page. I like coordinating my starred/shared/etc items by using only one thing.

11. Mariano Kamp

Mariano Kamp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for that. Google changed their session expiration from none to two weeks recently. Also they expired all sessions yesterday, so it was shorter than the new usual.

So the recent expiration was a one time thing, but apart from that is it too much to ask for the password every two weeks? I could store the password on the device if the user choses to do so.

Mid-term there will be a better solution for all Android 2.0+ devices anyway.

I am the dev of NewsRob.

12. Neurad1

Neurad1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    News Reader

I use Nubinews. Been very happy with it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right on, thanks for contributing. I tried your app, I liked it. I could not make it do what I describe above in my post in this thread.

Does your app do this and I just don't know how to configure it? If not, can your app to designed to do what I need it to?

Thanks!

-Mike

14. jbsangel

jbsangel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NewsRob here for the synchronization with Google Reader.

The nicest UI i have seen by far is NewsRoom, but it doesn't sync to anything and costs $5. I would pay the $5, cost isn't my issue. But I don't want to be confined to reading my feeds only on the phone. Not being able to sync with a server and view my unread or starred feeds on the computer is the only thing that keeps me from using NewsRoom.

The web reader is also nice, but I like having NewsRob go and fetch the articles so I they are all there and I can quickly scroll through. The web app is a lot more clicking, as it only shows like 15 items at a time.

15. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    +1 for FeedR. You can customize by adding and removing feeds and when they get updated.