What's your favorite rifle

Reaction score
So I plan on getting a Remington 700 in either .223 or 30-06. Does anybody have any insight on this rife or anything comparable. I mainly want it for possibly competitive target shooting or future S.W.A.T. career. So what's your guys favorite rifle and gun caliber.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tonbon

Reaction score
Go with a 308. That is probably what swat uses as well as competative shooters

Sent from my C771

Htown315

Reaction score
I have a savage 10fp in .223 that I like more than my buddies 700. The Remington has more aftermarket behind it though. If I was to do it over I'd go .308 so i can really reach out also since I have an AR for under 300m

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah it is. They use a 24in .308 blued barrel m modular stock I think and a remington 700

OP
S
Reaction score
Cool surprisingly I know more about miliary and civilian weapons then most. At age 16 I'm quite the gun enthusiast.and now I plan on learning the profession

catfisher

Reaction score
SWAT guys use both a .223 and a .308. The caliber is strictly dependent on your use for the weapon. Competition shooting involves all sorts of weapons and calibers so don't get stuck on one thing. The easiest weapons to use for competition are military, service-type weapons that have no alterations done to them. If you have questions let me know. This is a big topic so please be specific.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score
I under stand its a large topic just add anything you feel is knowledgable. I personally like something I can learn ballistics and how to calculate long distance shots but hey input what you guys like. personally I want a M40A5 chambered in a .338 lapua

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
.308 caliber rifles are by far my favorite but other than that I normaly use a .270 for hunting puposes. I would give almost anything to be able to be a competition shooter but 2 jobs limit my time :/ Stoeger shotgun, ruger 9mm, and a WW2 Springfield .30-06 with the original packing grease still in it (from my grandfather to my dad to me) are my other favs. I know the springfield needs cleaning cause I bet that grease has turned hard after so many years but just a family thing that I want to keep it in its current condition. Anyway I think you would be totally happy with the .308's performance and capabiliites

Sent from my Liberated D2

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the gin show!
Gotta love auto correct. I felt it was fitting for said company so i left it as is. LOL
ALTHOUGH: gin & guns don't mix.... :)

S7 Edge tap'n

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Nope, Gin is after Gun, and only after said Gun is locked away.

Sent by my new S7-Edge
And make my rifle Black

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Can't say I have a favorite rifle but I have a favorite round, .308. nice round to reach out and touch someone if need be.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The gun doesn't make the shooter. Start with a budget .22. work on the basics (breathing, sight picture, front sight focus, trigger squeeze, etc.)
With that down pat you'll excel with any rifle. So many times at the range I see idiots with tricked out ARs that can't hit the broad side of the proverbial barn.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
The gun doesn't make the shooter. Start with a budget .22. work on the basics (breathing, sight picture, front sight focus, trigger squeeze, etc.)
With that down pat you'll excel with any rifle. So many times at the range I see idiots with tricked out ARs that can't hit the broad side of the proverbial barn.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Typically those idiots spend hundreds on triggers and high dollar sights, yet like you said can't put it on paper...

Sent by my new S7-Edge

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm favorite Rifles a Remington model 700 is a must have in any collection. Long distance, Hart Rifles in .308.
"Black" guns I like Sig Sauer and Colt but I also like the AR5.7 (the 5.7x28 is one of my Favs).

Three(3) must haves IMO Remington model 700, Ruger 10-22, Mossberg model 500.
After that, collect as the mood and money allows.

Last edited: