What's your favorite home replacement ?

doublea500

Reaction score
i like adw ex. ive used lp a long time but after a while, lp gets laggy on my phone. i really want them to finally come out with the rewrite that we have been waiting for for since september 28 2010. i dont know whats taking federico (dev) so long. anyone have any news about this or an eta?

Myree67

Reaction score
I've been having some major problems with my d2g so the next replacement phone will likely be an x...anyway I digress..I've been using go launcher ex and LOVE it! I really like the girly themes it offers!!! I had problems with an hello kitty theme causing my phone to freeze bad and I think it's what's been causing the problems.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Do you guys think Zeam is the best as far as conserving resources? Looking to possibly replace ADW on my Droid 0G since memory resources are at a premium when running GB (I use Simply Stunning 5.4)

I'd be willing to switch if it frees up a good chunk of RAM and can essentially perform the same.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think Zeam is the best as far as conserving resources? Looking to possibly replace ADW on my Droid 0G since memory resources are at a premium when running GB (I use Simply Stunning 5.4)

I'd be willing to switch if it frees up a good chunk of RAM and can essentially perform the same.

I'm using Zeam now.

I have anywhere from 40-46MB of RAM available as opposed to 32-36 with ADW.

That is my personal experience.

Sent from my A855.

xgrinder911

Reaction score
How about "Home++"?
Ahhhh the good ol' days

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I was originally on LPP, but it became incredibly laggy back in January or February (this was also around the time it was locking down people's phones!), and I didn't feel the dev support was very good, so I bid it farewell.

I've been on Go Launcher EX ever since. I love the idea of the numerous themes on ADW, but I NEED 5 dock icons. The three just doesn't do it for me. I've tried on a few occasions to give ADW a shot, but I keep returning to Go. It feel so much more fluid to me.

Can anyone tell me, does the paid version of ADW give the option to have 5 dock icons across the bottom? I only have the free since I was just trying it out... what are the improvements over the free?

trumpet444

Reaction score
Adw does have an option for 5 icons at the bottom, or remove the dockbar all together to create more homescreen space. It prob is just the paid version. I only like LP for the twitter widget, but ADW Ex for everything else, endless customization. Adw needs a twitter widget like lp's and it'd be perfect

Beka27

Reaction score
Adw does have an option for 5 icons at the bottom, or remove the dockbar all together to create more homescreen space. It prob is just the paid version. I only like LP for the twitter widget, but ADW Ex for everything else, endless customization. Adw needs a twitter widget like lp's and it'd be perfect

Thank you! I may give ADW another shot...

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
I love ADW EX! The home screen animations are awesome. Plus he just updated it and it rules.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

Ogie

Reaction score
Zeam is the cat's pajamas. Fast, less bloat. Love the dock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

armeddroid

Reaction score
ADW EX
GO LAUNCHER EX
LPP

Personally LPP is the complete home replacement without having to add alot of other apps for all of its functions, ADW EX (REVISED) is the smoothest one so far.
Go Launcher Ex is sweet tho. Love all of the additions but I want more themes for the widgets. Some of the themes they have for the widgets are so ehhh...colorful.
lol

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Currently, I'm having fun with adw launcher ex. Its the smoothest for me and has more settings than you can shake a stick at!

However, I've tried l the other launcher apps. I like zeam launcher 2nd best because its so minimal :)

Then, its go launcher ex. Its different than other launchers in its style, and I like that :D

Then it's launcher pro. I purchased plus and I liked it. Its just... its too normal, I can't do as much with it as I can with any other launcher. Its got speed, but its widgets aren't worth buying. (IMO)

I despise 3d launchers like regina due to their bulk and memory impacts. My phone can't even handle them as smooth as other phones, its only got so much ram...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I've tried using other launchers, but I just end up missing the Facebook Widget from launcher Pro Plus too much and end up going back.

Ogie

Reaction score
As I stated above I use Zeam on SS 5.4. I do not have any redraw issues. It uses very little memory. But it is very basic. Does not include widgets or odd screen transitions. If you want basic it is the best. If you want options you will have to look elsewhere.