1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

whats your favorite, chomp or handcent?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by evilsock, Jan 1, 2010.

1. evilsock

evilsock New Member

ive got both , but due to lag i left handcent un customized for now. it has some potential tho, i like apps u can personalize like pandahome. has anyone noticed any real difference in handcent or chomp? your likes, dislikes?
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 New Member

Haven't bother with either. I just use the stock one.
  3. DebDroid

DebDroid New Member

I use handcent. Haven't tried chomp. I love being able to customize the led light/ringtones/layout......I haven't had many problems (sometimes can't get pics/animations) but I just go back to the stock msg and it's there.
  4. jza

jza New Member

I use chomp. Everything in it is fully customizeable...led light, vibrate etc. etc. I haven't had any problems with it and I found handcent to be buggy when i tried it.
  5. alansupra94

alansupra94 New Member

I have used both....I like handcent more because I can customize the thread of each person with whatever I want. Plus handcent was more stable for me.
  6. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

I've been using Chomp for one reason - the popup notification. Handcent does it too, but if you're using it, it wakes up and then completely bypasses the password screen (if enabled), which means if someone else has your phone and it's locked, they can access it if someone else texts you. If they changed that, I would use Handcent.. At least if it worked as well as the last version I used.
  7. thesandman51

thesandman51 New Member

I've only used the stock SMS and Handcent. I really do like Handcent though. What are some of the differences between the two?
  8. datguybk

datguybk New Member

handcent for me, although i've never tried chomp
  9. vinnard

vinnard New Member

I've never used Chomp but I have handcent customized just how I like it and I have zero problems with it, so I'm not even gonna bother trying Chomp :p
  10. ktruba

ktruba New Member

Im using the stock one, I tried both Handcent and Chomp and if I had to choose I'd go with Chomp.
Search tags for this page

chomp or handcent