What's your DInc2 phone reception: good or bad?

gtmac

Reaction score
Within a week I will be updating to a new Verizon smartphone. This will be my first smartphone and am focusing on an Incredible 2. However, some research revealed possible weak reception for the phone. I live in the country in a "signal challenged" area and this good be a deal breaker. After looking at what Verizon has to offer my second choice would be an iPhone 4. However, I would prefer an Android.

Usually you hear about problems on forums and those without problems rarely write in. I would like to hear of your experience with phone reception good or bad. (the last thread I read on this is about a month old so you should have almost 4 more weeks of usage). So how about it. Is your reception as good as or better than expected (or compared to other phones) or is it worse?

Thanks,
gtmac

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I live in the mountains of NC and signal here isn't good very many places on ANY phone. But I would have to say out of the 4 Android devices I've owned this has the best reception of them all.

M

Mwsr

I had one for 2 days and sent it back reception was terrible compared to my fascinate.. iv been told it's because they put the antenna in the battery cover

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

drtroostr

Reaction score
Bad reception

I have had my Dinc2 for a little over a week. In that time, I haved dropped more calls than I have in the previous 2 years with my Blackberry. My Dinc2 spends more time in 1X than in 3G and I NEVER had signal issues with any previous phone I have owned. My signal strength runs between 90-100dBm, which is terrible. Lucky if I am showing 1 bar. This phone could be the BEST 3G phone on the market, but with weak signal problems, it is basically useless. Too bad because I really like it... Probably will try to switch out before my 14 day period is up with VZW.

anguish

Reaction score
I constantly have no bars, but I make and receive calls all day, full 3G, etc. Don't rely purely on the signal meter.

That said, I don't think it's as strong as some other phones I've had, but I've only been with Verizon since December. It seems to be on par with my Droid 2 Global...maybe slightly better.

evan2001

Reaction score
I live in nyc and have full bars.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TVJ

Reaction score
The reception on my Incredible 2 has not been as good in weaker signal areas as on the Motorola Droid Pro I used previously.
(I do agree with anguish that you should not put too much reliance on the signal strength bars to tell you about reception. I get decent reception with no bars showing.)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I've had excellent call quality since I got it. Haven't dropped any calls.

Drtroostr, a signal strength of 90-100 is actually excellent. You will notice the numbers are listed as - (negative) dbm. The lower the number the stronger the signal. -90 dbm is better than -70 dbm. If you are having call quality problems you might consider having your phone looked at if you have that signal strength. As stated above, for some silly reason the bars don't really correlate to the actual signal strength. From what I've heard that's pretty much Android wide.

My recommendation, go for the incredible 2, its been great phone so far.

devinhfox

Reaction score
I've had excellent call quality since I got it. Haven't dropped any calls.

Drtroostr, a signal strength of 90-100 is actually excellent. You will notice the numbers are listed as - (negative) dbm. The lower the number the stronger the signal. -90 dbm is better than -70 dbm. If you are having call quality problems you might consider having your phone looked at if you have that signal strength. As stated above, for some silly reason the bars don't really correlate to the actual signal strength. From what I've heard that's pretty much Android wide.

My recommendation, go for the incredible 2, its been great phone so far.

You're on crack.
-90 is NOT stronger or better than -70 dbm.
Dbm is a power measurement with 1milliwatt as the reference (0 dbm).
It scales logarithmically down.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

seventystangfan

Reaction score
@mwsr,
Were you holding it from the bottom? The bottom quarter of the phone is where the antenna is located, as described in the instructions (that I can't believe I read...)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You are correct, I was sitting down so technically I was on crack..lol. Thank you for the correction. I apparently misunderstood my friend when he was talking to me about it. To the OP, my apologizes for the incorrect information.

M

Mwsr

@mwsr,
Were you holding it from the bottom? The bottom quarter of the phone is where the antenna is located, as described in the instructions (that I can't believe I read...)

Yes just like I always hold my phones.. vzw just sent me another ill try it again for a few days and see.. this really sucks because besides this the phone is awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

PhDCow

Reaction score
Much better call quality than on my Droid X. Clearer and louder. Even the speakerphone is crystal clear. I'm impressed.