What's your battery life like with the new JB?

jaye712

Reaction score
Damn..sounds bad ya'll..lucky i seen this thread,still runnin 215..maybe for a while ha..goodluck u guys,hopefully someone will figure it out

Reaction score
I been getting great battery life. I get 16 to 20 hours heavy use on one charge

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

cris

Reaction score
well i just did a FDR. at first my battery life was good, 16-20 hours, then it slowly got bad. yesterday i got 8 hours and was at 30% when i looked at the battery it showed OS at 60% screen at 30%. if this FDR dont make things right, im going to a GS3.

OleManDan

Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of you are getting such poor battery life. I'm getting better than 30 hours on my Original Razr, and the same on my wife's Razr. I got about 16 hrs on ICS...
I may be a little more frugal than most with battery and data. I don't have 'Unlimited'.
I run WIFI at home. I toggle it OFF when not in use.
I run WIFI at work. I toggle it OFF when not in use.
One the phone I follow advice given me by an old Captain 30 years ago...
'Son, if you ain't got nuthin to say, don't say it on the radio'...
I apply that advice to talking on my Razr.
I run 4G away from home.
I did a couple of FDR's, and use 'Smart Actions' to help save battery.
I re-calibrated my battery also.
I run my battery down to about 10% at least once a month, cut off the phone then charge it over night.
When I re-installed my apps I also updated them

I don't use my Razr as a radio.
I don't use my Razr as a game machine either.
I keep GPS OFF until I need it.
I don't use an Interactive Wallpaper.
I have my phone set to stay on 1 minute, and when I'm done, I hit the power button and turn it off.
(I don't shut it all the way down)

Now days, I am on three forums, I do a number of e-mails daily, I do a bunch of text daily,
I do several phone calls daily, and I probably take fewer than a dozen photos a week,
if we aren't traveling or on vacation. I don't watch many videos either.

I'm not sure how everyone else is using their Razr's, but some combination of the above
gives me great battery life, my wife follows the same procedure and gets the same results.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I'm not sure why some of you are getting such poor battery life. I'm getting better than 30 hours on my Original Razr, and the same on my wife's Razr. I got about 16 hrs on ICS...
I may be a little more frugal than most with battery and data. I don't have 'Unlimited'.
I run WIFI at home. I toggle it OFF when not in use.
I run WIFI at work. I toggle it OFF when not in use.
One the phone I follow advice given me by an old Captain 30 years ago...
'Son, if you ain't got nuthin to say, don't say it on the radio'...
I apply that advice to talking on my Razr.
I run 4G away from home.
I did a couple of FDR's, and use 'Smart Actions' to help save battery.
I re-calibrated my battery also.
I run my battery down to about 10% at least once a month, cut off the phone then charge it over night.
When I re-installed my apps I also updated them

I don't use my Razr as a radio.
I don't use my Razr as a game machine either.
I keep GPS OFF until I need it.
I don't use an Interactive Wallpaper.
I have my phone set to stay on 1 minute, and when I'm done, I hit the power button and turn it off.
(I don't shut it all the way down)

Now days, I am on three forums, I do a number of e-mails daily, I do a bunch of text daily,
I do several phone calls daily, and I probably take fewer than a dozen photos a week,
if we aren't traveling or on vacation. I don't watch many videos either.

I'm not sure how everyone else is using their Razr's, but some combination of the above
gives me great battery life, my wife follows the same procedure and gets the same results.

There has to be a common thread in those of us that have worse battery life after the update. It isn't in the way we use our phones because we use them the same way we did with ics. There must be something that worked fine with ics that works not so fine with jb. At some point someone will stumble across it or an app or five will update that fixes it, hopefully. I've said it before, but OS is using 20%-40% more battery than it used to on ics. I wish there was a way to see a more detailed breakdown of "OS".

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
People talk about clearing cache....how do I do this? Thanks in advance :)

GotnFX

Reaction score
People talk about clearing cache....how do I do this? Thanks in advance :)

A simple search of the forum will almost always get your questions answered.. especially things like how to clear cache or root your phone or what does root mean..Even doing a search in Google will lead you back to a post or thread in this forum. These questions have been asked 100 times...As you learn more about your phone and do some research, you'll see it..lol. If you have questions or get stuck regarding clearing cache, post back on the thread below:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/217019-clearing-your-cache.html

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
Why is my display using over 60% of my battery power even when set low and on saver? Does it have something to do with all my icons on home screen? Display is draining battery big time!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is my display using over 60% of my battery power even when set low and on saver? Does it have something to do with all my icons on home screen? Display is draining battery big time!

A simple question, but tough to answer. More info may help, like a screen shot of the battery screen, or letting us know how much drain there's been/hours since charged etc.
One reason it is difficult to answer is, say you unplug from the charger, at 100% charge. Turn the screen on for 10 minutes with no other usage, and no background syncing going on. Let's say the battery drops from 100% to 99%.
In this scenario, almost all of the 1% drop was due to the screen.
There are too many variables for anyone to help answer your question without more detail...

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
Don't know how to do a screen shot. I shut off the WiFi when not using it and that seems to help alot

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know how to do a screen shot. I shut off the WiFi when not using it and that seems to help alot

A screen shot is accomplished by pressing the power button and the volume down at the same time. It takes a little practice, and some people with a case say it is difficult for them.
My best success has been to press the power button a split second before the volume down.

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
B

Bup

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

I received my RAZR MAXX yesterday and got it all setup the way my old phone was. I unplugged it from the charger at 8:00pm and, with the initial drain of downloading the apps and getting it configured how my RAZR was, 22 hours later I am at 38%. I am currently letting it drain down to the warning level and will do a calibration. I will post the results once I get that all done and am able to use the phone normally for a few days.

devdeuce

Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous

ForumRunner_20130416_095234.png