1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

whats with the lack of ROMs?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by krazyskott, Mar 23, 2010.

1. krazyskott

krazyskott New Member

( This first part was ment sarcasticly) What's going on lately, I haven't seen a new Rom in like 3 days. Remember when when Pete put a new update out every time he blinked his eyes. All joking aside I just wanted to thank all the developers out there that make this phone, forum and experience so great. I would be interested to know if the developer's are planning to switch over to new phones like the incredible or just port them over to Droid.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hah, I am actually glad that nothings come out. I am an UltimateDroid v8 guy right now, and before that it was like "Oh sweet 6.5" FLASH, then "woah 7 is out" FLASH, then "7.5 whaaat!" FLASH, then the next day "v8 woahh!" FLASH...

To tell you the truth, i am glad they are making changes and constant fixes and improvments, but i cant update my phone every day man, i get tired. I hope they are all either relaxing doing nothing or working their asses off on sweet new hardcore updates!
  3. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

I actually don't mind an update or 2 a week because it means they are adding features and making improvements but I don't always update right away, usually wait until there's a big improvement and update once and get all the little updates at the same time
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

5. krazyskott

krazyskott New Member

6. icculusX

Dont you have to buy it to get UD working tho?
  7. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

I think at some point..roms can only get so far before there aren't much differences. The more we see new phones with new widgets and features and such we will see more development. Most roms have been relatively the same for thier last few builds. Hopefully something groundbreaking is out soon!
  8. krazyskott

krazyskott New Member

Yah I just read the thread on the rom manager and you do have to buy the paid version for it to work. I also didn't see anything about either BuglessBeast or SmokedGlass Roms which are my two favorite.
  9. JhankG

JhankG New Member

You're complaining about no ROMS for THREE DAYS? Really? No no, really?
  10. icculusX

Hmm i dono if i wanna fork out any cash for a rom update app if they wil still put out update.zip's and such tho....
  11. krazyskott

krazyskott New Member

No I'm not complaining at all. I should have put in a (Sarcastic). I see how it could come off the wrong way. I love everything these guys do for us. I do wonder if some are waiting to see if the update comes out to devote time to rooting 2.1 if it hasn't been rooted already.
  12. meh8036

meh8036 New Member

rom manager was the fastest easiest way to flash I have ever seen. I hope more devs support it in the future... seems like the way to go if u want to flash a rom while on the go... takes less than 5 minutes
  13. krazyskott

krazyskott New Member

I will gladly buy and support this if all the devs were involved and getting a share of the profits.
  14. icculusX

Exactly, but they probably don't... the app dev does haha
  15. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Updates have been slower because since the 'official version' of what Moto and VZW are planning to use is out there is less for them to fix/tweak. It's a natural cycle that always happens with ROMs. The need for continuous updates before was in large part because devs were trying to force things like live-wallpaper and the launchers to work w/o an official (i.e. proven) patch in place. It should be fairly calm now until Google releases something major (e.g. 2.2).

As to the ROM Manager don't expect the devs to jump on board with it. From my understanding there is nothing in it for them. I'll stick with SPRecovery personally because it gives you more options in both ROMs (so far I think there are only 2 ROMs that work with it) and everything else (backups, kernel flashing ect.).

ROM Manager is just another lazy a$$ way for people that can't handle the relatively SIMPLE and easy process of rooting and flashing on their own (like DM updater or whatever it's called).... many (though not all) of these users are the same people that will run here and post a BS "I bricked my phone" thread after the slightest problem (saw at least 3 of these yesterday alone...). It does suck that it remains the only way to use Cyogen's ROM which is supposed to be really good:mad:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010