What's up with the Incredible battery?

skuba

Reaction score
Guys, I really like the Incredible and I have it since launch, but I am not satisfied with the battery.

There are issues, and I understand the second one might not be entirely because of the phone. let me explain.

1 - I already researched and learned ways to prolong the battery charge, so I have not been using GPS on or WI-FI on.

Yesterday, I started with full Battery. All I did was show 2 clips on youtube to a friend, 1 minute max. I exchanged 1 txt message. And had one 20 minutes call with BT. My BT was on all day.

By the end of the 20 min call, my battery was at 10%.

Is that normal?

I know, I can also turn off BT when I am not using. But still, BT + couple of clips + 1 call = 10% battery charge ?

2 - When using the GPS in the car I plugged the phone to the power outlet because I know GPS and the phone on during the whole drive will kill the battery. But even tough it's plugged to the power outlet, it doesn't seem to charge at all, and it drains the battery no matter what.

I would appreciate your input.
Thanks

Josefius

Reaction score
Have you tried charging it to full while on, then unplugging the charger turn the phone off and plug back into the charger and charge until green? There is a charging bug where you have to do this. I had to do it on mine.

OP
S

skuba

Reaction score
I charge it while on every night. So you are saying that after that, I force it to turn off and charge until light is green?
thanks

DG68

Reaction score
That's correct... phone has to be turned off after indicator turns green while still plugged in to get a full charge.

If this were the iPhone, users would be rioting in the streets over this and Apple would have issued a fix by the end of the week! Why aren't we getting any answers/support from HTC?

Lasher

Reaction score
That's correct... phone has to be turned off after indicator turns green while still plugged in to get a full charge.

If this were the iPhone, users would be rioting in the streets over this and Apple would have issued a fix by the end of the week! Why aren't we getting any answers/support from HTC?

Just like they fixed their antenna problem... oh right they did by trying to make other phones look just as bad when they are truly not... my bad.

On a true note, HTC is on a little bit on the slow side on fixing it. It seems the update/fix for it should be combined with the 2.2 update now. So it's a waiting game now.

DG68

Reaction score
Yeah, who needs a phone that actually charges so you can use it? They wouldn't mind at all.
You're comparing a software issue (easily fixable) to a hardware issue (not fixable without a $2 billion recall).

I sure hope it's addressed in the 2.2 update, but there hasn't been any confirmation of that yet.

JMorlock

Reaction score
Does this battery trick (charging with phone on and then charging with it off) need to be every time I charge or just once?