What's up with the camera in 0.2.1 for Droid 1?

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by NickR, Oct 6, 2010.

1. NickR

NickR New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did the camera apk change or something? Mine no longer focuses when I push the camera button down half way. It seems stuck in its own auto focus program where it just randomly refocuses on a random object. I tried to take some pictures last night of my new puppy and my wife and they were absolutely terrible! I couldn't get the camera to focus on them, it wanted to focus on anything but them. It seems to be acting like the camera on my wife's incredible a little bit, seeing as how they don't have a camera button.

Is there a way to get my old camera back? My phone always used to take great pictures that I was always proud of. Now, I'm stuck just deleting everything because I know how good they could be.

Someone help please. Thanks.

2. burgeke

burgeke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't comment for certain but wanted to point out that the same issue existed in a couple of the CM6 nightlies. Not sure if related or not...

3. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    CM indeed updated the camera. We actually had to pull down a last minute fix from them moments before release cause the camera wasn't working at all..

4. NickR

NickR New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Is there an easy way to go back to the old version of the camera? I really don't care for this updated version because it obviously isn't designed for the Droid 1. It might be ok for other phones that don't have a dedicated camera button, but that is exactly why we have the ability to do a half press on the camera button, to focus it.

Thanks for the help.

#4 NickR, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  5. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, no. I tried this on the test builds and the old camera force closes with the new updated hardware specs in the kernel and libraries.

Rest assured I am keeping an eye out for CM to fix this issue.

6. NickR

NickR New Member

Ratings:
    +0

That is sad! I'll be watching for any updates, because I love the ROM, but this definitely needs to be fixed. I can't believe CM would release this and think this camera operation is acceptable. Shame on them.

7. RonsHome

RonsHome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just try turning off the auto focus in the settings with both camera and video. Works fine I use it but it is a temporary fix.

#7 RonsHome, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  8. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    on the cm6 nightly i was able to put an old camera.apk back without any problems.

9. NickR

NickR New Member

Ratings:
    +0

If you do that, how do you get it to refocus? When I turn off the autofocus like that, a lot of things are out of focus and it won't refocus when I want to take a picture like it should.

10. NickR

NickR New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Good news! Hopefully that means we can get the old camera apk back soon on ShadowRom!

11. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I had to do because the video camera kept refocusing every few seconds.

12. caliwagon

caliwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any updates on this? Anyone have another camera apk that has worked for them? I'd really love to be able to take better videos of my new son--the ones I'm taking are coming out pretty bad.