Whats up with lack of LED control!!!???

bamorris2

Reaction score
I got my GNex the day it came out. Overall, I like it quite well. The only problem is that the LED is virtually useless. It doesn't alert me to anything except native email. This is a major issue for me. I've downloaded Light Flow, and it works ok, but not great. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, other times it works great. BTW, I'm referring to notifications for missed calls, GVoice vmails, SMS, MMS, Gmail, etc. Not having LED notifications is tempting me to return the phone and go back to using my trust DroidX (which gives perfect LED notifications).

Is there any known update that is coming our way that will address this? If so, what/when?

Also, I've read that Light Flow works better if you're rooted. But from what I understand, you also have to unlock the bootloader in order to root. But unlocking the bootloader does a factory data reset. I'm definately not going to do that, as I've stayed up until 3am for the last 2 nights in an effort to get my phone set up just the way I want it. I don't want to go through that again.

DHO

Reaction score
Try Missed Reminder, IMHO all android phones need this app integrated into the OS.

cc16177

Reaction score
I use the app "light flow" and it gives me all the LED control my little heart desires.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

martytoo

Reaction score
Install Light Flow (free or paid) for LED control. Why did they leave it out of OS?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The use of the LED seems limited stock, I installed Light Flow and it's arguably the best app I installed on this phone:hail:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I tried light flow just for being able to have the LED on when charging and when it's charged, it didn't work.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Light flow free version works for me, lets me set any notification/color I want.