What's up Good People?!?!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
And you don't have to wipe cache and data before making a backup. I actually think it isn't recommended because you need to select the asterics and I think data and cache are two of the options listed and if you wiped it, then there won't be any to backup. But it may not matter

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
Usually it doesn't take longer than maybe a minute. But it can depend. It will say things like dumping system tar, etc, and once they're done being dumped(there are a few) it should sit there for a second and then say something like backup complete. But, I recommend using advanced nandroid backups because it gives you the option of naming the backups. That way you don't get confused on which is which if you have mulptiple backups saved

Ok I got it to work. Thanks. Now I am trying to flash a kernel but the moto zip file that I used to root is the same name "update.zip" as what I think I am supposed to name the kernel zip. I'm flashing the chevy 1.2 ghz ulow. It's saying that I need to name update(2).zip. I thought it was always supposed to be "update.zip" if we are putting it onto the sd card through a cpu download.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In sprecovery you always use an update.zip anything else won't work. If you have another file named update.zip you either delete it or rename it.

Sent from somewhere...

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's exactly as jstafford1 said. Once you're rooted you can delete the file from your SD card that you used to root with. You no longer need it but just in case, I would keep it saved on the computer.

Last edited:
OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! i have ultimate Droid 1.0 running with 1.25ghz ulow chevy kernel. Now I need to check on some themes.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem! There are some pretty nice ones

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
No problem! There are some pretty nice ones

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ok so I have been moving along pretty nicely. Currently I am running simply stunning, chevy 2.6.32 low V 1.0GHz, bootanimation.

I have my Setcpu set at 700MHz 700 max 400 min 100.4 degrees. Is that too hot and should my display be 70% of my battery usage?