What's up Good People?!?!

PhillJ

Reaction score
OG Droid here, looking to rock one of these ROMS. I've read up but this stuff is still a but confusing. Any quick tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To be honest.....the best thing I will say is read read read. Until its not so confusing. There is a lot of info so read and ask questions before doing anything.

BTW welcome to the forum :)

Sent from somewhere...

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
To be honest.....the best thing I will say is read read read. Until its not so confusing. There is a lot of info so read and ask questions before doing anything.

BTW welcome to the forum :)

Sent from somewhere...

I am ROOTED!!!!! Now I need to figure out how to install Sapphire.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which rooting method did you use?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Wait let's understand; what does OG mean? Certainly you can't mean original gangster for your ROM interest... my god could you? Luckily I hope not, so what's the OG mean?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it means original ganster but it has become a coloquialism for the first of something. I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it means original ganster but it has become a coloquialism for the first of something. I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

You are Correct!

OP
P

PhillJ

Reaction score
I posted this in the Nandroid error section, but since I have you guys here.:

How long does a simple nandroid backup take? I am rooted, Droid 1. I did the SPR recovery. My phone has been "attempting nandroid default backup" for a while now. I wiped the cache and data prior to doing the backup.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually it doesn't take longer than maybe a minute. But it can depend. It will say things like dumping system tar, etc, and once they're done being dumped(there are a few) it should sit there for a second and then say something like backup complete. But, I recommend using advanced nandroid backups because it gives you the option of naming the backups. That way you don't get confused on which is which if you have mulptiple backups saved