Whats this....Froyo for the Fascinate is finally available....NO.....

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Since updating to Froyo my Fascinate chews through 10% of its battery every 20 minutes. Juiceplotter shows I only have about 3.5 hours of life on a full charge.

Listen: there's a good reason Samsung added the Mobile Data button on your pull-down menu - use it.

It turns off/on your 3G data service. Turn it on when you want to use it, off when you aren't.

I'm stunned how much more juice I'm getting out of my battery already, practically like a normal cell phone:12 hours and 26 minutes later, I still have a 64% charge.

Prior to having instant control of data send/recieve on 2.1, my battery would be near death at that point, and I've been on my phone more than usual today, perusing and using the new features and such.

Downloaded 13 HD youtube vids, made several phone calls, 32 texts, several facebook visits, marketpkace searching, listened to some tunes while on my bike for over an hour, played a few stages of Angry Birds Rio, and Air Attack, and I'm at 64%.

Awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

rgackle

Reaction score
Flash website that worked partially before froyo update doesn't work at all now? anyone else experiencing this? have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing....

Nas

Reaction score
Flash website that worked partially before froyo update doesn't work at all now? anyone else experiencing this? have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing....

Did you download flash from the market. As in Adobe flash?

rgackle

Reaction score
Yes, am I missing something else I should or shouldn't have done?

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally got flash and faster speeds, but I now have to charge my phone twice a day. I come out to my car after work and it is down to like 25% (from full)! I've adjusted all my power settings and the battery shows major drainage only from the monitor...and I have that on power save...anyone have any ideas?

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I'm glad we finally got flash and faster speeds, but I now have to charge my phone twice a day. I come out to my car after work and it is down to like 25% (from full)! I've adjusted all my power settings and the battery shows major drainage only from the monitor...and I have that on power save...anyone have any ideas?

Read my post above. It's possible to have better battery life than ever with 2.2. I know I am.

You don't need to have data turned on at all times with your phone service. And when you kick mobile data to 'on' everything (data associated) updates/refreshes immediately.

Hello Droid

Reaction score

Read my post above. It's possible to have better battery life than ever with 2.2. I know I am.

You don't need to have data turned on at all times with your phone service. And when you kick mobile data to 'on' everything (data associated) updates/refreshes immediately.

So by turning off 3G as suggested, would that stop my phone from downloading emails? Also, what additional items are downloading data since the update? I have not added anything new since this update.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ddenton

Reaction score

We shouldn't have to work around losing (in my case) 2/3's of my battery capacity because of an OS update.

Prior to Froyo I could easily get 12 hours before my battery indicator would go yellow, and that was with data, gps, and bt running. I'm on call, so turning off mobile data until I need it isn't an option.

I shouldn't have to turn off mobile data to get more than 4 hours out of my battery, especially since I know someone with a rooted froyo build on the exact same phone (mine is stock) and his battery life was the same as mine before Froyo.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have rooted SC froyo and get 15hrs with everything turned on and screen on 40%. Check your running services to see what is killing battery. And dont use auto task killers with froyo. Manual task manager is ok.

When froyo came out for other devices there was this battery problem, but I think an update was released to fix it.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may want to call vzw to report the issue. Maybe they will work on a patch. Same thing happened when froyo was released for droid.

Sent from my fascinate

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with a "manual" task killer. They really are unnecessary. If rooted, looking into tweaking your minfree settings is an option, but i didn't even find that even remotely necessary until moving to gingerbread on my d1. And that's just for memory reasons.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JJ Lovefool

Reaction score
I am not having any problems with the update. My battery life is fine, and everything seems to work a lot smoother. If you guys are having all of these problems it It's probably from third party software and or not ending software processes. I charged my phone at 4pm yesterday while installing froyo update. I then went through 4 hours of calls, two hours of watching video, texting constantly, and I just plugged it in this morning and it tells, me I'm at 28%. so it can't be the update.