What's the steps in rooting Droid(1st)2.2?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, I have the DroidX2.2 rooted just fine, and I was just wondering if the same steps work for the first Droid phone, or is there an easier way like a one click button that would do it? (I used the Droid2 2.2 root steps for my X)

nateccnn

Reaction score
Search for a post by MotoCache1 and look below his signature for a link to his root guide. He has made this thing so simple a 1st grader could do it. Wait...a 1st grader would do it all by hand. Maybe I should say a senior citizen could do it. LOL I followed his guide this afternoon and it took all of ten minutes to download, install and root (I already had the tools and just had to install...so downloading may take more than 10 minutes).

Edit: Here you go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Nate

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Search for a post by MotoCache1 and look below his signature for a link to his root guide. He has made this thing so simple a 1st grader could do it. Wait...a 1st grader would do it all by hand. Maybe I should say a senior citizen could do it. LOL I followed his guide this afternoon and it took all of ten minutes to download, install and root (I already had the tools and just had to install...so downloading may take more than 10 minutes).

Nate

Hi, thank you for your reply, but I also would like to know if the Droidx and droid2 root steps would work as well with it.
Edit: I found that one once before, I don't really like the idea of using sbf flash because I had to do that to my droidx and it is very slow at start up(20-30secs on M and 11-20secs on eye) (Long story short... I tried to update my superuser.apk to the market one and it fed up my droid so I had to restart all over.....)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The process of Root is different between the Droid 1-2 & X although the X and 2 are similiar in nature

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
The process of Root is different between the Droid 1-2 & X although the X and 2 are similiar in nature
Ah, so the only way to root droid1 is to use sbf? If so, will it slow down the load up time like it did to my droidx? Also what would the cause of this be? I mean it was like 5 seconds or on the m screen and 10 on the eye before I had to downgrade to 2.1 and start all over.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I've never rooted a DroidX so I can't answer that.

To get it to boot faster I would suggest installing the full OTA unrooted version of FRG22d, then boot into Recovery (Excalamation point inside triangle) and clear cache and data. When you reboot you'll have to log back into goggle account and let it reload your apps. It takes a while. Grab a sandwhich. I'd let it run stock for a day just to wait for all the app updates it will eventually find. Then reboot the phone with a battery pull. Then root it. You will have a nice clean install with new user data. It will run smoother.

It seems like when I install custom roms and kernels after a while of switching between the various versions the data and cache gets all messed up. The only way I have found to make it better is to go back to stock and re-root from there.

Nate

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I've never rooted a DroidX so I can't answer that.

To get it to boot faster I would suggest installing the full OTA unrooted version of FRG22d, then boot into Recovery (Excalamation point inside triangle) and clear cache and data. When you reboot you'll have to log back into goggle account and let it reload your apps. It takes a while. Grab a sandwhich. I'd let it run stock for a day just to wait for all the app updates it will eventually find. Then reboot the phone with a battery pull. Then root it. You will have a nice clean install with new user data. It will run smoother.

It seems like when I install custom roms and kernels after a while of switching between the various versions the data and cache gets all messed up. The only way I have found to make it better is to go back to stock and re-root from there.

Nate
It isn't the leaked version of 2.2 causing this, I said I use to be rooted and everything was working fine, but now I used the sbf to unroot back to 2.1 and now the load up screens are slow as crap.

Edit: Since I have everyone's attention, I'd like to ask this as well. The first day I got my phone I was on 2.1update and could see every app in the store. I download Norton mobile security and then updated to 2.2(I didn't do that this time....forgot)Then I look in the store and noticed that there were some apks missing that I could see before(I still could see the norton) but a few days later norton just disappeared from the market and I could no longer see it.. But I still had the apk... So I thought since I had it I could save the apk and use it as a back up if I need it again(Like now I need it...) But when I did a restart went all the way back to 2.1 then 2.2 and tried to install norton it didn't work. So could you please tell me why? and is there a way to force it maybe?

EDIT2: btw there is no official update for Droid X yet : / that's why I used leaked 2.2

nateccnn

Reaction score
I thought you laggy issue was with the D1. Disregard everything i said. Sorry. I read like a 2nd grader.

Nate