What's the latest OTA?

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I'm confused as hell. I have been running 2.3.15, and now I look and mods are starting to require newer base versions so I start looking around and I'm totally baffled.

1) What is the latest OTA version? Some people are saying it's 2.3.340, some are saying 2.3.320... Some are saying leaks....
2) What is the most recommended thing to do? Right now I have a stable nandroid of TranQ 3 and one of Vanilla FroYo (OTA). Should I go to the OTA one and flash one of the SBFs? Is there a leaked update.zip I should use instead?

Technoman

Reaction score
I'm confused as hell. I have been running 2.3.15, and now I look and mods are starting to require newer base versions so I start looking around and I'm totally baffled.

1) What is the latest OTA version? Some people are saying it's 2.3.340, some are saying 2.3.320... Some are saying leaks....
2) What is the most recommended thing to do? Right now I have a stable nandroid of TranQ 3 and one of Vanilla FroYo (OTA). Should I go to the OTA one and flash one of the SBFs? Is there a leaked update.zip I should use instead?

The current OTA for the masses is 2.3.15. Some are saying they got the 2.3.340, but I don't know if that is true. I can tell you that everytime I have checked I show up to date on 2.3.15. 2.3.320 is a leak only.

None of these are gingerbread, but variations of the Froyo update. Some are saying there is really not much difference between the 320 and 340 versions, but the 340 will apparently be the OTA pushed by Verizon.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for clearing that up. One more question then. Can I update to either of these without updating my bootloader and making the process irreversible (the way you could get up to 2.3.15)

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
I don't know anything about this stuff, but when I checked "System Updates" just now it started an automatic OTA download of the 2.3.340.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Anyone else got it ye? I'd have to restore a nandroid to check right now and I don't really want to just yet.