What's the latest Ics news?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Most of us downloaded the second leak and I never heard of anyone having the battery problems that you're having. The new build is the same as the second build except for a few minor changes that shouldn't affect the battery. It's the same radios and kernel. What else have you downloaded since the leak?

Everything seems to be fine now, weird. Must have been the Vipre antivirus app, reason I installed it I run Vipre antivirus on my PC's which works great, at my recent new two year upgrade they threw me in a one year free mobile app download, I thought I give it a try, guess not, went back to Lookout.
But still have one issue, my Avatar dissapears once I leave the forum app.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I updated to the latest ICS leak yesterday evening and so far I'm loving it! I don't notice and smoothness difference because the phone was so fast before, but I do notice that apps install even quicker now. Some apps that I was having a bit of trouble with before now seem to run smooth as well. Perhaps the biggest difference to me is the home page and having 5 icons laid out at the bottom. This is different than what I was used to. Oh, and also like the disable features as well as the usage info. Gives you lots of detail about what resources are being used.

How I did the install.
Download the link and rename it to the PGH deal (no .zip needed, but do leave it as a zip file)
place it on the phone SD card
Remove back cover (for some reason, my phone would not boot into bootloader without removing the cover)
Boot into Bootloader. the phone will detect the software and you just select yes for the upgrade. (took about 20-30 minutes to go through everything)
Phone wil start back up with new ICS installed. I just signed back in to all my accounts and got the backups back, then went to google play and downloaded all the apps again.

Total process including downloading the new file was maybe an hour. I get 4g in the same places I did before, so it seems to be working fine.

blownfuse25

Reaction score
Ok.... So.... I try to install the ICS... Get to bootloader... Click on recovery, but the phone won't let me pick. , just reboots. The green arrows come up for about 10 seconds, then goes to a red triangle with an explanation point in it.... Is this normal ?

jonpearson

Reaction score
I have never been on 4g with this phone after the leak I'm picking up 4g everywhere...don't know if its ics or Verizon improving their towers in my area.

jonpearson

Reaction score
blownfuse25 said:
Ok.... So.... I try to install the ICS... Get to bootloader... Click on recovery, but the phone won't let me pick. , just reboots. The green arrows come up for about 10 seconds, then goes to a red triangle with an explanation point in it.... Is this normal ?
I don't know what happened. When I did the leak after renaming and placing on the root of the sd card turned off phone and went into bootloader I didn't have to select recovery or anything. The only thing I had to do was select yes to do the update. Maybe you missed a step.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
It may have been your settings. I have seen situations where 4G gets turned off by accident...I only found out about it after calling tech support.

ICS would have reset everything during the update.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I don't know what happened. When I did the leak after renaming and placing on the root of the sd card turned off phone and when into bootloader I didn't have to select recovery or anything. The only thing I had to do was select yes to do the update. Maybe you missed a step.

Exactly what happened with me. I never selected a file as some of the instructions out there say. The phone automatically found the file and asked yes or no. I clicked whatever the yes option was and then it did its thing. Once it starts though, you don't touch it, but once I think to select one more yes option.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know what happened. When I did the leak after renaming and placing on the root of the sd card turned off phone and went into bootloader I didn't have to select recovery or anything. The only thing I had to do was select yes to do the update. Maybe you missed a step.
Ok, make sure you rename the downloaded zip, now go find it where you installed it and rename it, just right click on it at remove all the numbers from the front and the zip from the back "it automatically imports as a zip to your device", connect your phone to the pc and right click on the same file, and send it to the SD card location "mine SD Card was showing as removable H drive, now unplug the phone from the PC, check with Efile explorer and see if the zip is in your SD card directory, it will look like a stack of books Red color I think and below it will read PH981IMG.zip, make sure it has only these letters. Mine was the latest leak #1.16_002.2.10_002 software#3.14.605.10710RD , now after you make sure it is in your SD card as I told you, make sure you go into boot loader settings in your phone settings and remove the checkmark for fast boot "fast boot will screw it all up", that is what is probably causing your problems. Another thing, it takes about 15 minutes for it to load, do nothing, leave the phone alone, when it goes to step 3 in the software update process it takes a bit of time to finish step 3.

Here is the one I used,
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/ind...zound-gets-new-ics-leak-brings-bug-fixes-r133

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did I mention that I love the new Slimmer HTC widget clock "another option in HTC clock Widgets", same look as the old one but slimmed down, now you can add another row off apps. And the ability to place 12 "for now, could be more, have not tried" apps in one folder cube is another plus for ICS. And how it automatically integrates my pc's Chrome bookmarks to my smartphones Chrome bookmarks, sweet, much easier and less painless than the Firefox one.

jonpearson

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Did I mention that I love the new Slimmer HTC widget clock "another option in HTC clock Widgets", same look as the old one but slimmed down, now you can add another row off apps. And the ability to place 12 "for now, could be more, have not tried" apps in one folder cube is another plus for ICS. And how it automatically integrates my pc's Chrome bookmarks to my smartphones Chrome bookmarks, sweet, much easier and less painless than the Firefox one.

Wow didn't even notice the new clock I love it...frees up so much room now.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow didn't even notice the new clock I love it...frees up so much room now.
Also hold down the home button, it pulls up all the last apps you used, and you can just slide them off the screen, cool. One more sweet thing, once you fill each folder with similar items, like let's say Music apps, once you open the folder with all the apps in it you can name it by taping the top of the folder while it's open, your keyboard comes up and you can just type in the name of the folder, once Folder is closed, it no more says folder below it, but the name you gave it, makes it so easy to find the apps you placed in it.