What's the latest Ics news?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
On my phone everythng is faster, smoother, more fluid. And that's probably because ics uses the dual cores more efficiently than gb did. Also you can disable (freeze) the bloat apps. There are also little tricks and features that make it a bit more user friendly.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Freeze the bloat apps without using the clean tool? Heck, that's worth doing it right there. Screw the NFL app, and VZW navigator...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
mikeinctown said:
Freeze the bloat apps without using the clean tool? Heck, that's worth doing it right there. Screw the NFL app, and VZW navigator...

Yep, those two and a few others made it into my freezer.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
mikeinctown said:

How

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

jonpearson

Reaction score
Go into settings click apps, then click all apps it gives you that list where you could force stop a specific app, now you have a disable option. You can disable all that Verizon bloat garbage

jonpearson

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Leak has been pretty solid for me at this moment, but may I ask, what's all the fuss about ICS, I don't see much of a difference, except being able to place four apps in one folder on the screen.
Well therevis one issue I have, my keyboard does the haptic feedback, which I don't like, I like the sounds version of when you press a key, which no longer works, not a biggie but it is what it is. And my Avatar is no longer visible in this app.
And thanks again to those who showed me how to do thes ICS installation.

You can turn on sound when typing in the language and keyboard menu in the settings. You can also turn off the vibration when typing too

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The battery gets real hot, and it drops like a rock, its dropping while plunged in, WOW,nice leak, hehe.
It looks like ICS for Rezound needs a bit more work, no wonder they still have not released it, and my avatar still does not show up in the android app, it did before when I has Gingerbread installed.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
maximum said:

This is the one I downloaded and it is burning up my battery big time, never seen anything like this, battery stays up at 110-115 f, and it is killing it, while I am typing this the battery has not moved from 47% for half an hour while plugged in, with gingerbread I would have been at 80 % charged by now, this is ridiculous.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Most of us downloaded the second leak and I never heard of anyone having the battery problems that you're having. The new build is the same as the second build except for a few minor changes that shouldn't affect the battery. It's the same radios and kernel. What else have you downloaded since the leak?

blownfuse25

Reaction score
So.... When I try to install, there is a green circle, then goes to phone with a Red triangle with exclamation in it.... Normal ?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
The battery gets real hot, and it drops like a rock, its dropping while plunged in, WOW,nice leak, hehe.
It looks like ICS for Rezound needs a bit more work, no wonder they still have not released it, and my avatar still does not show up in the android app, it did before when I has Gingerbread installed.

I have seen no battery issues like the one you speak of, and I am on the first leak. I have friends on the Second leak without any issues either. Sounds like you may have downloaded a bad file. Or are there any processes running in the background that might be the cause of the problem?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
may I ask, what's all the fuss about ICS, I don't see much of a difference, except being able to place four apps in one folder on the screen.
The folder thing is the least of it...I have go launcher installed and have no folder limits at all.

No, the UI is the big deal for me. All screen transitions are smooth and flashy like iOS. I just love that. Also the app screen in settings will let you disable ANY app, including bloat and Sense stuff. It doesn't uninstall them, but it removes them from the app drawer and forbids them to run in the background...and it does this stock with no rooting at all. ICS also has face unlock which is nifty, and it takes better advantage of multi-core phones, so performance has been better.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The only time my battery has not charged and was getting hot, an app was running using a ton of rsources. I rebooted and checked what was running but all was fine after the reboot. (with the stock Rezound) I have not installed ICS yet.

jvc

Reaction score
My battery used to run hot and die pretty quickly. It seemed to get worse after I downloaded the first ICS leak, but that may have been due to heavier usage playing with the new features. So, I went down to 4 screens, switched to a pretty cool minimalist black wallpaper, turned off weather updates (including the standard HTC clock/weather widget in favor of a clock-only widget from HD Widgets), turned my brightness down to 40%, and downloaded Watchdog Lite to let me know when any apps are misbehaving. So far, the only one I've had a problem with was Dolphin Browser, which a few times has been flagged using over 50% of my phone's resources when I wasn't even actively using the app.

I used to have my battery go from 100% to 30% with moderate use in about 4-5 hours. Now, with the same use, I get a good 9-12 hours out of it before it hits 30%.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Thats really odd...I use Dolphin and have not had issues with battery life with it.

jvc

Reaction score
It surprised me too. The last alert I got about Dolphin was about 2 weeks ago. I uninstalled, then reinstalled it. No problems since. It's the only mobile browser I use. I think my battery issues were less about rogue apps than they were about too many active widgets, backgrounds syncs, bright display, etc. If I feel like I want to run those things again, I'll just have to give up some money and pocket space for the extended battery.