What's the latest Ics news?

jonpearson

Reaction score
That is exactly how I got all my apps back from the play store. Not having to go search for them again was very beneficial. The reason why I did the latest leak was because I got tired of waiting and other people's review of the leaks were very positive so I dove in last night. So far this ics is amazing.

chris79

Reaction score
Can you go back to GB if you don't like or have issues with the lastest leak

That is the biggest holdup that I have right now. I don't want a phone that has issues and that can't be easily fixed. On my Droid 1 I had no issues flashing ROMS all day long cause I always new I could get back to a good working stable ROM if needed.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Chris,

you'll need the jbear S-off in order to go backwards in operating system versions. I wouldn't take the jbear modified hboot, but that's my personal choice.

with soff one can use an gb ruu exe file to go back to gb. Naturally you'll need to reinstall all apps and redo your settings.

howard

p.s. always run the ruu twice.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
That is the biggest holdup that I have right now. I don't want a phone that has issues and that can't be easily fixed. On my Droid 1 I had no issues flashing ROMS all day long cause I always new I could get back to a good working stable ROM if needed.
As I recall, getting back to stock on the Droid 1 was something of a chore.

It is possible on the Rezound but its an involved and mildly risky process.

chris79

Reaction score
Will we have any issues with getting the OTA when it's available.?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
chris79 said:
Will we have any issues with getting the OTA when it's available.?

Most of us are thinking no there won't be a problem but we can't be 100% sure. But then those of us who have a leak aren't too concerned with the ota because the leaks are that solid.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Leak has been pretty solid for me at this moment, but may I ask, what's all the fuss about ICS, I don't see much of a difference, except being able to place four apps in one folder on the screen.
Well therevis one issue I have, my keyboard does the haptic feedback, which I don't like, I like the sounds version of when you press a key, which no longer works, not a biggie but it is what it is. And my Avatar is no longer visible in this app.
And thanks again to those who showed me how to do thes ICS installation.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
cybertec69 said:
Leak has been pretty solid for me at this moment, but may I ask, what's all the fuss about ICS, I don't see much of a difference, except being able to place four apps in one folder on the screen.
Well therevis one issue I have, my keyboard does the haptic feedback, which I don't like, I like the sounds version of when you press a key, which no longer works, not a biggie but it is what it is.
And thanks again to those who showed me how to do thes ICS installation.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

On my phone everythng is faster, smoother, more fluid. And that's probably because ics uses the dual cores more efficiently than gb did. Also you can disable (freeze) the bloat apps. There are also little tricks and features that make it a bit more user friendly.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.