Whats the final say on LED notifications these days?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jbang917, Apr 6, 2011.

1. jbang917

jbang917 New Member

I cant pin point exactly when I lost my LED notifications. I think it was sometime around a Froyo update. It seems like some lost it around that time too, some still have it, some have recently lost it. Can we get back LED notifications or was there something changed so that they just dont exist anymore?
  2. alquix

alquix New Member

I have LED notifications, but they're a bit touchy. sometimes if I 'clear' an active voicemail I won't get LEDs for anything like texts or missed calls until I reboot. when I gave Pete's stock/root build a shot, the LEDs worked fine there... no real customization though on GB, so I'm back with the classic CM
  3. jbang917

jbang917 New Member

Thanks for the response. Yea Im not really sure what broke my LED. I am pretty sure they were not working back when I was just rooted stock... hadnt even flash any custom ROM at that point. Hopefully someone having the issue I am having finds a fix one of these days.
  4. Vypre

Vypre New Member

i seemed to have lost mine about two weeks ago when i went from BBV0.6.21 to LFY GB rom. thought the ROM was the culprit so i came back to BB and still no dice....
  5. madspeed

madspeed New Member

same here, they just seemed to go away...missing it for sure
  6. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

All my notifications worked fine with bb.6.2.1 and pe4.2, both froyo roms. I tried both pe5 and gpa gingerbread roms and had poor results with notifications. There are a few things that just work differently or inconsistently with GB that finally made me nandroid back to pe4.2. All my notifications are working again the way I prefer.
  7. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 New Member

They DO work the reason they go away is when the screen is unlocked or turned on, turn off "unlock screen" and "screen on" in your sms app and youll atleast get a blinking light of your color

it seems there is only 1 set blink-rate,

the new notifications act as if their an independent process from the application itself rather than a process controlled by the app, this would make sense that some options work and others dont.
  8. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

you can get Light Flow and set options to your liking....just a thought.
  9. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

It's more because the changes made in Gingerbread for notifications is that the LED notifications are ended once the screen is on. So for most people (if the ROM install worked right), turning off the "unlock screen"/"screen on" setting in Handcent/Chomp/SMS Popup or whatever third-party app they use, should work. If the screen is on when you get the text, no LEDs at all.
  10. jbang917

jbang917 New Member

I have followed this issue for a while now and believe me I have tried messing with every setting in handcent. Also, got rid of handcent completely and tried stock messaging app. Have used things like Light Flow before. Nothing works. All settings are set properly (so in theory led should work)... screen is off, I receive an sms for example... still no led notifications.