Whats the difference between roms?

mmurphyj93

Reaction score
I'm upgrading from a D1 to a TB this afternoon and have been researching a ton on the developer community for it. I run LGB on my D1 and can't wait to load it up on the TB.

The confusion is... What the heck is the difference between Thundersense, Gingersense, and Thunderbread? I've looked everywhere but I'm pretty sure I've missed it somewhere. I'd love a quick explanation or a link to it :)

Also, which is the best way to root a TB these days? I came across this way and I just want to be sure it's still valid, or if there is a better way to do it.

Thanks guys!

sleekgeek

Reaction score
1 click root, it's 700 megs and takes an hour, but it works perfect. the difference is:

thundersense - froyo with sense
gingsense - gb with sense
thunderbread - aosp gingerbread

IMHO gingerbread aosp is the only one with issues. just like the D1 gingerbread is trash, but all the options make you wish it worked out. I installed every rom i could i find except gingeritis. teslacoil 1.7.1 abandonment due to the developer switching to a charge (don't blame him) and am pretty happy. switched to AOSP contacts and gingerbread keyboard. acts just like my D1 with super snappy response and 4G. battery life improved to the point I might just keep it.

Murphy71984

Reaction score
Thunderbread 2.3 works like a dream for me. Got a Quadrant score of 2500+ :)

Last edited: