Whats the deal

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Loved gummy, love liberty. I was saddened to hear that Kejar was leaving team liberty for the thunderbolt, but now he's starting up work on GBGJ?

I'm not complaining, having both liberty and this new incarnation of gummy vying for my affections is a nice problem to have, just wondering the real reason for Kejar leaving liberty....a ROM he helped start.

Not meaning to ruffle any feathers here, so sorry if that's the case.

Sitrick2

Reaction score
My understanding is Kejar does not support the idea of charging people for beta versions of liberty (which is essentially what the donate version of the liberty toolbox is doing). The result was Kejar leaving team liberty.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I dont support it either. I was saddened when I first heard blackdroid doing this for his nightlies and now it seems as if it has caught on to others.

Reaction score
+1 I believe donations should be accepted but not required. from my standpoint, doing that goes against what the android community is all about, ya know. But people should donate and not try to be cheapskates, if you enjoy the rom and use it, then then the least you can do is donate a few bucks to help out the devs who spent their free time hookin us up with awesome Roms. But like I said, I don't agree with forcing people to pay for custom roms or addons to the roms. Definitely not what android is all about, like I said. And now that I think about it, its even more messed up to give the rom away free but then say, haha if you the rest of it then give me money! Messed up is what it is.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

OP
R

reznorfan0

Reaction score
I can agree with that, I can also see with all the work that people put in to doing these things how you can charge tickets for the early show. Guess I don't care passionately either way, I paid for the early release of liberty moreso just because I felt it was time that I donated. It was released to the full public the next day, and I didn't regret it a bit.

Still, I support Kejar in whatever he does. My only issue is that now I'm going to have a hell of a hard time choosing between liberty and gummyjar once they both go full release GB. I mean, i don't have that much free time to be switching back and forth all the time. :)