What's the deal with miui?

eth3rton

Reaction score
Thanks!

I think she vetoed it though. Said if she wanted her Droid to look like an iPhone she would have bought a iPhone....

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Thanks!

I think she vetoed it though. Said if she wanted her Droid to look like an iPhone she would have bought a iPhone....

It does not act like an iPhone. There are themes that she can use and it resembles nothing in appearance of an iPhone. Sure the icons resemble a bit of what iPhones use but there are literally thousands of different themed icons. There are themes that change the way icons look. She could even put Launcher Pro or ADW in place on the MIUI and change the appearance even more. The UI is top-notch and even iPhone people would agree that MIUI is not in resemblance to theirs. And don't forget, she is on Android OS. Which means she has nearly 100% control of her phone unlike iPhone users. Screenshots may say a few words and make you think "oh, well, this is too much like iPhone." But once you're on it, it's a different story.

Just my 2 cents.

eth3rton

Reaction score
I put it on my DInc and I love it. She dont have unlimited data and so far this was the only ROM I have found that has a data hard stop option (although I disabled mine and can't find it again to show her). Its between this and Liberty2.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone update MIUI? I could care less whether it's on the Froyo or GB kernel.

eth3rton

Reaction score
^ Some people have a life outside of ROM building. Novel idea I know but its true. If you can build it faster I'd love to see it....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^ Some people have a life outside of ROM building. Novel idea I know but its true. If you can build it faster I'd love to see it....

We haven't seen an update for over a month. There is a difference between a developer saying they're going to update, but never does, as compared to a developer such as Fabolous, who doesn't ever give an ETA for an update, and surprises you with updates when they come out.

Personally, MIUI was the best looking ROM on the D2, but when it's not updated regularly, it's difficult to keep it.

patrickgerry

Reaction score
We haven't seen an update for over a month. There is a difference between a developer saying they're going to update, but never does, as compared to a developer such as Fabolous, who doesn't ever give an ETA for an update, and surprises you with updates when they come out.

Personally, MIUI was the best looking ROM on the D2, but when it's not updated regularly, it's difficult to keep it.

Totally agree. More than a month without updates is too much but then again if he is the only one who can do it then we are at his mercy.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Totally agree. More than a month without updates is too much but then again if he is the only one who can do it then we are at his mercy.

Another dev recently updated the DX, but it's still on the Froyo kernel, which I don't mind.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk