What's The Correct Order to wipe?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by neccoguy21, Jun 27, 2010.

1. neccoguy21

neccoguy21 New Member

Actually, 3 questions...in multiple sections... but they're all laid out in yes/no format! Please help. Thanks!

1a) when some one says "place on root of sd", are they technically talking about the subfolder /sdcard?
    Yes/No

b) or are they talking about the real root of the actual sd card itself, where the folder /sdcard is located along with /sys, /lib, and the like? Yes/No

2a) when some one says to extract a zip to a specific location, does that mean i can presumably keep the original zip file only on my computer, and run an extracting program, telling it to extract the files located in the zip to the location mentioned?
    Yes/No

b) Or do i need to keep the zip itself located on the sd card in the location mentioned?
    Yes/No
    i) If thats the case, do i run an extraction of the zip from my phone to the folder its in?
    Yes/No
    ii) Or do i install it as a zip from recovery?
    Yes/No

3a) when wiping cache and data to flash a new rom, Is the correct order of operations wiping, then installing update?
    Yes/No

b)or do you install the update then wipe after?
    Yes/No

c) or even wipe, install, wipe?
    Yes/No

d) finally, does it matter in which order you wipe data or cache? should one be done before the other?
    Yes/No

I think these questions being answered in this format could clear up alot of confusion other users may have.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Let us know if that helped or confused things further.
  3. neccoguy21

neccoguy21 New Member

So helpful!!!! Thank You!!!
Search tags for this page

how to delete adobe reader files on android

what's the proper order when erasing, flashing, wiping on an