whats the best suri type program or the best app to convert speech to text.

fantom557

Reaction score
i do a lot of time driving so i wanted to know what apps you are using to convert speech to text for emails and texting.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
i do a lot of time driving so i wanted to know what apps you are using to convert speech to text for emails and texting.

The built-in speech-to-text that Android has had since well before Siri.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Speak To It Assistant is a free app that does exactly anything Siri can... yeah Droid Does

I have the Search key set to pull her ('Sam') up with a hard-press...

DethDroid

Reaction score
I have been using Text by Voice and love it. I have a smart action set to start the app when I dock the phone...it listens in the background so all you do is say 'text by voice' and it will ask you who you want to text etc etc then it will tell you when you have a text and offer to read it to you...you can also set it up to make calls for you as well. So it works great for me. I also have Speak to it Assistant... it is ok but I don't use it much so it is not trained very well although she did scold me for saying b**ch LOL dancedroid ilovedf

dyingjedi

Reaction score
fantom557 said:

hands down flexT9 keyboard uses different stt engine dragon naturally speaking. best of all we have used and found, also the Same company bought Swype flexT9 owns all of them now. we had to find the best seriously my grandma can still read but can't hear barely at all. so we speak to her with an Android tablet we bought for her. works incredible. we speak it types painless for all visitors, previously she lived in silence before i was aware about out then thought of it. now everyone in the family is do stoked. she has support great sense of humor at age 97.. geoduck dude hi5

trust me your will thank me.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
DethDroid said:
I have been using Text by Voice and love it. I have a smart action set to start the app when I dock the phone...it listens in the background so all you do is say 'text by voice' and it will ask you who you want to text etc etc then it will tell you when you have a text and offer to read it to you...you can also set it up to make calls for you as well. So it works great for me. I also have Speak to it Assistant... it is ok but I don't use it much so it is not trained very well although she did scold me for saying b**ch LOL dancedroid ilovedf

What exactly is the Text by Voice application called? I can't seem to find it in play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
LBJay said:
Try the search again but putting it in Quotes "text by voice"

12 Quick Tips To Search Google Like An Expert

Thank you, that worked like a charm! Came up w Sonalight Text by Voice. Who knew that using quotation marks would make such a huge difference. Without the quotation marks it doesn't even appear in the first 100's of apps. Thank you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

karenann

Reaction score
where can i find the Speak to it asst.?

Where can i find the SPEAK TO ASSTTANCE, application? for the android, samsung gal

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You have a few different options.
Speaktoit Assistant allows you to place calls, send text, schedule meetings, send email, set alarm/reminder, update social networks, and search internet
Vlingo and Cluzee allow you to do all the above except schedule meetings
Jeannie lows you to do all the above except update social networks

Hope that helps!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
karenann said:
Where can i find the SPEAK TO ASSTTANCE, application? for the android, samsung gal

Go into Play Store and do a search. As soon as you begin typing Speak, it should prompt you with the correct app

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
karenann said:

I forgot to mention that it will show in the list as Assistant, not Speaktoit Assistant