Whats the Best Media Player?

sprad05

Reaction score
I just got the droid, and I am wondering what's the best media player for video that supports different file extension such as AVI ect.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
I don't think that any android media player can play avi files, avi is not supported on the Droid. You have to convert your files to 3gp, Mp4, or H264. Search the forum for converting files, there's a lot of threads that cover this.
I use Act 1 video player, it costs 1.99 I think. but it's the best player in my opinion. It has a lot of features, zoom, tracking, screen off during playback, full screen, and much more. They're always adding new features. Hope this helps.

D

dvdcatalyst

DIVX player for Android

I use the wuzhenhua player....it plays divx and avi.

Interesting.

Since you did not post a link to added info, I googled for it, and found the following

Wuzhenhua Player

The Wuzhenhua Player is rough around the edges. It doesn’t handle playback in landscape mode very well. And the program dialogs are all in Chinese. But it makes up for all of that with its support for a wide range of audio and video formats including:
4xm, 8bps, aac, ac3, eac3, amv, ape, dca, imc, alas, rm, rmvb, nuv, ptx, tta, wma, wmv, flic, flac, flv, g726, h261, h263, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, smc, tmv, dvdsub, dvbsub

Update: There’s now an English language version. Or rather, a partially translated version that should be a little easier for English speakers to use. You can download it here. via xda-developers

maksdad07

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the wuzhenhua player allow you to watch wmv digital copy movies transfered over from windows media player?

D

dvdcatalyst

Does anyone know if the wuzhenhua player allow you to watch wmv digital copy movies transfered over from windows media player?
Will not work.

just do a search here on these forums for "Digital Copy"