what's the best find my droid app?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My wife has the iPhone 5. One day she came home and dropped her phone outside her car. It started snowing hard and while she thought she just left it at work I thought I would give the ”find my iPhone " app a shot. Location showed outside our place! Went outside and saw a pinkish lump in the snow. Thankfully she had the otterbox defender and all was well. If it weren't for this app it would have been plowed away literally an hour later and 700 bucks saved.

I cannot for the life of me find any app even close to the iPhone app

Google can't be serious and not have an app like this can they?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My wife has the iPhone 5. One day she came home and dropped her phone outside her car. It started snowing hard and while she thought she just left it at work I thought I would give the ”find my iPhone " app a shot. Location showed outside our place! Went outside and saw a pinkish lump in the snow. Thankfully she had the otterbox defender and all was well. If it weren't for this app it would have been plowed away literally an hour later and 700 bucks saved.

I cannot for the life of me find any app even close to the iPhone app

Google can't be serious and not have an app like this can they?

pdaniel219

Reaction score
There are a few. I use Lookout Security and Antivirus. I don't care about the antivirus, but it will find your phone. Showed my wifes phone on the outside of my house like your wifes iPhone. And if you can't find your phone, you can go online and make it "scream". Even if your phone is set on vibrate, it will make a really loud siren sound until you find it and stop it. I've had to use it twice. You can hear out all over the house. Totally with a download and it's free.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
There are a few. I use Lookout Security and Antivirus. I don't care about the antivirus, but it will find your phone. Showed my wifes phone on the outside of my house like your wifes iPhone. And if you can't find your phone, you can go online and make it "scream". Even if your phone is set on vibrate, it will make a really loud siren sound until you find it and stop it. I've had to use it twice. You can hear out all over the house. Totally with a download and it's free.

Thank you I appreciate the info. Great app!

WestOkid

Reaction score
Android lost is th simplest with almost zero overhead.

Tapped from a squeaky CleanRom on a VZW S3

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally haven't had this issue.. But my wife has.... Her app for locating her phone is just usually swearing a lot... I should install one of these on here phone.. It'd make life easier lol

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Cerberus. Live Google maps integration plus it will make your phone take pictures of you tell it to, if the lock code is entered wrong, when the alarm time is shut off... Etc. $4 buys a lifetime license that can be used on up to 4 or 5 phones. Check it out on the market.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I personally haven't had this issue.. But my wife has.... Her app for locating her phone is just usually swearing a lot... I should install one of these on here phone.. It'd make life easier lol
Does the swearing scare the phone to revealing its hiding spot?:D

finndo77

Reaction score
lookout mobile security can do it, can even turn the phone sound on and emit a siren from the phone, I believe it can also post messages on the screen letting someone know you are looking for it and know where they are. plus other features.

droidvip

Reaction score
I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a droid app comparable to the iPhone app. I am using Lookout also, best I have found.

nateohio

Reaction score
Seriously? Try "where's my Droid?" I've used it multiple times to recover a list phone

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Yes there are multiple apps that will do this. I use Lookout Mobile myself, I've tested but never "had to use it".