What's the best app for internet radio?

Droid187

Reaction score
Pandora and Slacker for me, Droidlive if you like just uncontrollable streaming audio or shoutcast.

MontyMo

Reaction score
I use Pandora a LOT. I just downloaded Droidlive. IT works very good. It even has the radio station I was looking for. 89.3 THe Current in Minneapolis
THanks
Monty

Droid187

Reaction score
What about a good GPS navigation app that has a similar feel to say a garmin gps with the 3d view? been lookin around but havent found anything. Not really liking the navigation that comes with the droid but if there is a good app out there i will be able to sell my garmin along with the ipod i no longer have a need for since my droid is so badass.

Lacilie

Reaction score
I love Pandora, but I'm really trying to find one that doesn't die on me every time I use my bluetooth headphones.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slacker gets my vote. Being able to cache stations and listening without streaming is HUGE! (where you have a weak signal :))

rgn2000

Reaction score
I am using StreamItAll to play WEEI (850am) out of Boston. I listen mostly via 3G (not wifi) and I get a lot of buffering. Not only that it basically gets stuck buffering and you have to hit stop and restart again.

Pandora has virtually no buffering, but you can't listen to radio stations. Does anyone know of a good player for radio stations (not Pandora, Last.fm, or Slacker) that does not constantly buffer? I had tried Droidradio in the past and that had the same issue.

I understand buffering when cell signals are low, but buffering every few minutes is ridiculous. It is the only thing I miss from my winmo phone is TCPMP. It worked flawlessly and you could listen to so many stations.

Thanks

amjacobs1

Reaction score
FWIW, I tested Cherry RPlayer and DroidLive (I have the paid version) with the same stations and bit rates. I used the 3G network in the tests. I found Cherry RPlayer buffering better than DroidLive. HOWEVER, Cherry RPlayer has a few GUI issues on the Droid (at least for my tastes) while DroidLive is more polished. Cherry RPlayer has more radio networks. DroidLive's sound quality seems better. Once Cherry RPlayer fixes the few issues I have, I guess I'll have both. So, that's my experience with those two streaming players.

rgn2000

Reaction score
FWIW, I tested Cherry RPlayer and DroidLive (I have the paid version) with the same stations and bit rates. I used the 3G network in the tests. I found Cherry RPlayer buffering better than DroidLive. HOWEVER, Cherry RPlayer has a few GUI issues on the Droid (at least for my tastes) while DroidLive is more polished. Cherry RPlayer has more radio networks. DroidLive's sound quality seems better. Once Cherry RPlayer fixes the few issues I have, I guess I'll have both. So, that's my experience with those two streaming players.

I just tried Cherry Rplayer a few minutes ago and it did not have my station.

I just don't understand how Pandora can run so great when the stations are 128kbs, but a lousy 32kbs station can't run without buffering constantly.