What's the app called where you "type" by mooving your fingers...

PapaDeuce

Reaction score
across the keyboard? I know I saw a youtube video of it a long time ago....

Thanks.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Swype and ShapeWriter both do this, Swype is in beta, ShapeWriter is in the Market

I like Swype better, but if you can't get in on the beta or find it in the wild, give ShapeWriter a try.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
There are 3 apps that do this. Swype, SlideIT and Shapewriter. I personally like Swype the best out of the 3.

ClennzDroid

Reaction score
Can someone post a link oor code to swype cause I can't find it lol

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
A lot of people say they prefer Swype but I tried it for a couple months and found certain aspects of it to be frustrating.

I changed to the Shapewriter keyboard and found that I much prefer it. Only real gripes I have with it is it will not auto capitalize the letter "I" and I can't find the underscore symbol anywhere. Also it does not have a standard shift button. You change the case of the word or letter after you type it. Took some getting used to.

It is however much better at figuring out what I am trying to "type" and even if it does not figure it out the correct word the choices it gives for additional words are far better than the choices given by Swype. It is also easier to add words to it's dictionary.

It is possible that I did not have the very latest version of Swype but I will be sticking with Shapewriter because it is working well for me.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of people say they prefer Swype but I tried it for a couple months and found certain aspects of it to be frustrating.

I changed to the Shapewriter keyboard and found that I much prefer it. Only real gripes I have with it is it will not auto capitalize the letter "I" and I can't find the underscore symbol anywhere. Also it does not have a standard shift button. You change the case of the word or letter after you type it. Took some getting used to.

It is however much better at figuring out what I am trying to "type" and even if it does not figure it out the correct word the choices it gives for additional words are far better than the choices given by Swype. It is also easier to add words to it's dictionary.

It is possible that I did not have the very latest version of Swype but I will be sticking with Shapewriter because it is working well for me.
how is it easier to add to the dictionary of shapewriter? in swype once you type it manually its in the dictionary.

lexbishop

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about Shapewriter is it's terrible landscape mode. It's portrait mode with a bigger word selection along the left side. Terrible.

If they fixed that, and maybe used the default Android keyboard instead of their default one, (but keep the 123 part), it'd be perfect.

If Swype entered the market, I'd get that in a heartbeat.