whats the 8 gigs of internal mem for..

zathus

Reaction score
Title says it all. I know its not all for apps so what's it for? Or better yet how do I utilize it?

validoption

Reaction score
Title says it all. I know its not all for apps so what's it for? Or better yet how do I utilize it?

No, its pretty much for apps. There is about 1 to 1.5 GB allocated for all the files that make the phone run. The remainder is for apps and app data.

I arrived at this by using root explorer to see the size of the allocations that are pre assigned. Now this doesn't mean that that allocated 1.5 GB is all used. Just that it is set aside in various ways should it need it. But that still gives the user about 6.5ish GB to load up on apps and app data/app caches etc.

OP
zathus

zathus

Reaction score
Interesting. I used root explore and in the data area there is a file called download. In that file is one called mystuff. Its advertised as apps and media. Im wondering if you can manually move things to this file. To utilize that wasted space. Cuz it is wasted, I couldn't even imagine how many apps you would need to used up 6.5 gigs lol