What's Red and Blue, and Makes Android Users Happy? Sapphire and Ruby Double Release!

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
adblock seems to have stopped working... :(

wordfeud game has ads all over once again

Unfortunately, ad blocking can only be done by pointing known ad delivery sites to a loopback ip using the hosts file. If new servers pop up, and software devs start using them, they'll have to be added in to the hosts file.

There is of course an alternative solution, and support the app devs and buy their software if it's something you use a lot :)

KXMc

Reaction score
Google Maps Login Failed

OK, I've only got 2 problems with this ROM, one little and one bigger.

For starters, I wiped multiple times before flashing, am using the stock kernel at 800mHz, have gapps installed, etc.

The little: For some reason, even after I set the notification tone for someone in Handcent, when I get a text it plays 'American Girl' by Tom Petty. Sadly, I don't even have a ringtone of that! Anyone ever seen that?

The bigger: Every time I go into Google Maps, Latitude or Places, I get 'login failed'. If I say sign in, it wants me to attach a new gmail account to the phone. I have deleted cache, and I even deleted the app through Titanium Backup, the restored my backup. Still no joy.

Any ideas? I use all 3 of these programs a lot. Can I just delete it entirely, then get a new .apk and reinstall? Pull it from my last ROM's .zip? Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ken

Rasjudah

Reaction score
Help with market

After installing Sapphire and Google apps update 1.1, when i open market under downloads its downlading all my apps but nothing is really downloading not a single app has been downloaded after 15 min. Even though it saying downloading still......

Dash1b

Reaction score
OK, I've only got 2 problems with this ROM, one little and one bigger.

For starters, I wiped multiple times before flashing, am using the stock kernel at 800mHz, have gapps installed, etc.

The little: For some reason, even after I set the notification tone for someone in Handcent, when I get a text it plays 'American Girl' by Tom Petty. Sadly, I don't even have a ringtone of that! Anyone ever seen that?

The bigger: Every time I go into Google Maps, Latitude or Places, I get 'login failed'. If I say sign in, it wants me to attach a new gmail account to the phone. I have deleted cache, and I even deleted the app through Titanium Backup, the restored my backup. Still no joy.

Any ideas? I use all 3 of these programs a lot. Can I just delete it entirely, then get a new .apk and reinstall? Pull it from my last ROM's .zip? Am I missing something stupid?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ken

Ken, I had the same login issue and it was making me nuts until I noticed an exclamation in my notification bar. I dragged it open and saw that it was a security prompt asking for permission to associate the gmail account. Once I approved, everything worked fine.

RevivaL

Reaction score
After installing Sapphire and Google apps update 1.1, when i open market under downloads its downlading all my apps but nothing is really downloading not a single app has been downloaded after 15 min. Even though it saying downloading still......

try downloading something different then they'll all start, thats just a silly connection issue

mtkregs

Reaction score
Same for me. I don't get the login failed message anymore after allowing permission.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

poena

Reaction score
adblock seems to have stopped working... :(

wordfeud game has ads all over once again

Unfortunately, ad blocking can only be done by pointing known ad delivery sites to a loopback ip using the hosts file. If new servers pop up, and software devs start using them, they'll have to be added in to the hosts file.

There is of course an alternative solution, and support the app devs and buy their software if it's something you use a lot :)

yea its just this game doesnt even have a full version!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link for the stock theme .zip?

For 1.0 and 1.1 there is no stock theme, one would re-flash the actual Sapphire ROM without wiping data to perform that action.

This is noted on the site (for 1.0 anyways)

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth? I turn it on, but it isn't finding my moto rokr headset. It will find other devices near me, but not mine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rasjudah

Reaction score

try downloading something different then they'll all start, thats just a silly connection issue

Thanks that fixed it dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

RevivaL

Reaction score

Thanks that fixed it dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid
it only happens when your remembered wifi connects during that process..it's dumb, but an easy fix. no prob!

geekabilly

Reaction score
Sniffle took over this post.

[Problems and Solutions]

[1] GMail force close
Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All and find GMail in the list. Open this up and select Clear Data. Wait for GMail to resync.

[2] GMail 2.2.1 APK won't install
su
sysrw
rm /system/app/GMail.apk
mv Gmail.v.2.2.1.apk /system/app/GMail.apk
sysro
reboot (as plaidman says, just to be safe)
(Note: You may want to see problem [1] and follow that after the reboot just to be safe)

[3] Google Search not updating in the market
(Stealing plaidman's AWESOME post on this one. Thanks!!!)
I answered my own question: GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

So after you do a fresh Sapphire install, if you want the updated Google Search Widget, you can do the following commands on your favorite command line tool (I like ConnectBot). Mind you, these instructions might be a hell of a lot easier with something like RootExplorer, but I'm a cheap ass and I'm comfortable with *nix command lines. Skip this first part if you uninstalled with TitaniumBackup.

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
reboot (dunno if you really need this, but just to be safe)

When the phone comes back, download the new Google Search in the marketplace. Now, unfortunately, the search button will be broken because it's still looking for the old /system/app application, but the new one was installed to /data/app. So we need to open our favorite command line tool again and move the .apk file.

su
sysrw
mv /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
sysro
reboot (again, not sure you need to do this, but it's safe)

And now your search button will work as it used to. Happy searching!

you can have your post back now.

Sniffle

You post-jacker :D I feel honored, it's like sharing a bed with a dev, just a lot less creepy :)

Outstanding post! Many thanks!!! Worked like a charm on my Droid with Sapphire 1.1

fatheadrr

Reaction score
Ugh Newb needs help

Ok First off I wiped Cache and did a factory reset. When i get to the boot menu and apply update.zip (which I named the download to) it starts the update process then says E signature could not be completly verified. WTF does this mean

The exact error is

Verifying Update Package....
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

RevivaL

Reaction score
did you name it update.zip, or just update? you may have named it update.zip.zip

a way to tell is go to control panel>appearence>folder options>view then make to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

go back to your update.zip, and make sure it says that and not update.zip.zip

edit - this is just an idea, I'm not sure why if that's not it.